MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good pointers for Classic Car Insurance please. Small Car worth about £1000 and LESS THAN 1000 miles per year. Car is an MG Metro with 27 year old driver with good NCB on his normal Policy.

TIA.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
We have 2 of our MG's insured on classic policies with Peter Best.
You need to be an MG club member to qualify for the policy, but its a small price to pay, and has the option for an agreed value if that is something you would like.
The only downside is that the policy does not accrue NCB, so if the driver only owns 1 vehicle, they would need to switch to another policy after a couple of years to prevent their NCB from expiring.

Saying that, I have found the non-classic policies offered by PB to be pretty competitively priced too.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the helpful reply. Needing cover sharpish, my son was able to arrange twelve months Classic Car Comprehensive Cover over 1500 miles for £111. Not bad at all.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Just did our Astra Gte with Footman James £227 3000miles a year my lad 26yrs clean licence and me 58yrs and it's in the lads name with me as named driver.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
He will cover our modern mg's too as long as you are a member of mg owners club. Quoted me around £250 2yrs ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts