MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
[IMG]http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly sorry if this is wrong section but was unsure about where to put this.

I was talking to a guy the other day and he was asking me what else I do for a living,at the time I was doing my pest control job. I told him I did prep work for a mate who sprays anything from bus panels to show winning bike petrol tanks and that's where this MG 4x4 came up.
He said he owned the only one that was built and wanted it respraying,I got caught up in the "wow factor" of such a thing and lost all sence of logic thought.
So my question is this; does/did such a thing exist?! If it did has anyone got any info on it? Would be an interesting thing to work on IMO if it was the only one made.

Thanks for any info anyone could give, Ash.

·
Passionate about MGR.Cars.
4,082 Posts
There were plans in late 2004/early 2005 for MG to do a 4x4. I believe they were using the Rexton as a mule/base.
MGR wern't allowed to make a Rover 4x4 for 10 years as BMW put that in the contract to the Phoenix 4 when they took over in 2000 but BMW failed to state an MG 4x4 could not be made, unfortunately we will never know what would have been!!

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
glad they never made the rexton a MG they are terrible mercedies engine or not
Good thing they fitted the future MG Kyron with the choice of a K-Series Turbo instead of the Merc engine then :lol:

SAIC Roewe W5 5Km above sea level in Tibet.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
onmly good thing about the rexton was the engine lol, k series isnt a good engine for torque really never did that well in the freelander, may be better with the new gaskets but

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
onmly good thing about the rexton was the engine lol, k series isnt a good engine for torque really never did that well in the freelander, may be better with the new gaskets but
The K-Series would have been the much better choice for that picture though - at 5Km above sea level you need a turbo or you will have very little power!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
There are a few MGB and Midget bodies that have been bolted to 4x4 running gear.

Patrick

·
[IMG]http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So is there such thing, or was the guy cladding my ear off because I drive an MG?
Unfortunately I don't know a lot about MG history and especially with things like this

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
So is there such thing, or was the guy cladding my ear off because I drive an MG?
Unfortunately I don't know a lot about MG history and especially with things like this
As far as I know, the only four wheel drive MGs to leave the factory were the MG Metro 6R4s, the MG Rexton was seen driving around the factory for several years but I don't think it was ever sold.

·
MG ZS 180 MKI
3,364 Posts
The 6R4 was an amazing bit of kit!!

·
MG ZS 180 MKI
3,364 Posts
I love hearing about all these secret concepts....Just a shame all of them are to remain only concepts :(

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts