MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if anyone has ever owned a metro turbo as ive always wanted to own one but never had the chance to and on day i will!:driving:

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum

I've never driven a turbo but I did own an early 1300, was great fun.

James

·
Passionate about MGR.Cars.
4,082 Posts
Was just wondering if anyone has ever owned a metro turbo as ive always wanted to own one but never had the chance to and on day i will!:driving:
I had a brand new one in 1987, would love another too but rare as hen's teeth now as Mini owners raped them for engines, those not raped by Mini owners got nicked & joyrided in their day! :mad::mad:

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Theres a couple running around up here:MG:

·
Registered
262 Posts
i never owned 1 but my friend had 1, it was preety quick, good on handling but it was still a METRO at the end of the day, if your after a old small turbo car for abit of fun, i would go for the renualt 5 gt turbo, they were badboy in there day

·
4,082 Posts
i never owned 1 but my friend had 1, it was preety quick, good on handling but it was still a METRO at the end of the day, if your after a old small turbo car for abit of fun, i would go for the renualt 5 gt turbo, they were badboy in there day
Renault 5 Turbo - yes an icon of 80's motoring & is quick but it is French & I wouldn't have any French car no matter what it was :vom:

Give me a British Metro any day!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive had a 1300 metro but just always wanted the turbo one and as for the 5 ull spend more time pushing and repairing this than driving it as my mate found out great fun when running like the looks but the engine is poo!!!!!:slap:

·
The mechanic
6,698 Posts
I drove a few metro turbo's back in the day whilst doing my apprentiship,but the best M was the meastro turbo what a mental as hell car and before the sierra cosworth it was the fastest 2.0ltr production in the world,getting back on track the mini era was a mental car too scary fast.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I was a mechanic back then and an old dear bought one brand new from our dealership. She was not used to the power and feel of the car and nearly wrote it off pulling off the forecourt when she came and picked it up.

Also had Montego on regional police driving school in Bridgend. That was the fastest thing there. Bearing in mind others were Granada X Pack and 4.2 Jags at the time.

·
4,082 Posts
ive had a 1300 metro but just always wanted the turbo one and as for the 5 ull spend more time pushing and repairing this than driving it as my mate found out great fun when running like the looks but the engine is poo!!!!!:slap:
A Series engines are very solid indeed. They suffer very slightlly with minor oil leaks usually but other than that almost bomb proof but like anything it depends on how it is treated!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts