MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today (well now) - reckon we have the lowest membership on line I have seen for years.

Two + myself.

Kick arse time - where are you all - on org?

Get back here. :)

·
www.irishhillclimb.com
211 Posts
what happened all the ZR owners that flooded the place a few months ago?
disappeared as quick as they came?
I check in almost every day, just i don't have much to say... HA!

PS. Can anybody tell me, What is the MG logo under your username? some people have one, some have more, what do they mean?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
At the time of the first post I was in my wifes ZR on the way to our local unipart to get some new rear disks and pads for my ZS, at the time of the last post I was just killing the seal on the caliper on the last corner- a little frustrating!

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Suspect facebook, twitter, etc have lured a few away.

Also want a few more to post and start new threads, not just come on and read whats going on.

The cars are getting older and its will be only the die hard MG members that will be interested in this and other MG sites.

Maybe more interest when the weather picks up and the meets and events start again.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Suspect facebook, twitter, etc have lured a few away.

Also want a few more to post and start new threads, not just come on and read whats going on.

The cars are getting older and its will be only the die hard MG members that will be interested in this and other MG sites.

Maybe more interest when the weather picks up and the meets and events start again.
Have to agree with Pete:)

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Peter - you are correct I suspect. I rarely use Facebook or Twitter myself.
I'm the same, but have noticed more and more stuff getting on Facebook.

I'm on there and follow Pride of Longbridge crowd. Its all a different world to me though.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
no one seems to reply to threads that much compare with other sites, plenty of readers no posters, makes it not seem worthwhile making threads up to share when no one seems interested

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i think help ect still happens which is good, but things like build threads are the things that i personally really enjoy reading, even just daft things with a few pictures,
but you go to the bother of taking photos of what your doing, then upload them to your computer, then upload them to photobucket, then copy all the links across, write a list of everything youve done and how youve done it, takes a while and if no one really replies to it then you decide theres not much point posting it, doesnt take much to say good job or whatever

the other thing thats making it quiet is lack of meets ect, a site will usually pick up a lot if there is a few meets organised, which tbh isnt hard to do, theres no point me organising any up here as no one has shown any intrest in the past but theres plenty of members down south, all you need to do is meet up, have a picnic, or go to mcdonalds, or a pub, or bowling, any i have organised for the zs site have been easy to do, obviosly theres more effort required for the likes of going to shows ect where a stand is required

just my opinion:)

·
Administrator
10,642 Posts
The MG car parc is diminishing, people move on......which is a sad fact of life at the moment :(

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The MG car parc is diminishing, people move on......which is a sad fact of life at the moment :(
Yep - that is probably the real reason. The modern MG was "just another" car, so once sold, the member joins another Forum that represents their new purchase.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Wonder if the economic climate is causing the fall off???

The 180's are getting more expensive to run, insurance up, fuel cost up, road tax???

I have a derv, used just as a fun car, cost arnt too bad, but if money is tight, one of the first things to go, for me, would be the expensive car and replaced with a cheaper one.

That is one of the reasons why meets do not attract the numbers they used to. People put their names down, with the full intention of going and then the reality hits. Fuel at £1.35 / litre or whatever. Cost of drinks/meals.

Lets hope the economy improves, fuel costs come down, insurance doesnt keep going up, but somehow I think its going to get harder not easier.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
I check in daily just don't post much on any forums these days
Trouble is this will kill the forums off.

If people dont post to threads, as Ritchy says, it wont be long before people stop taking the time to start new threads.

I try and post if I think I have anything relevant to say, and if there are no replies to a post I try and say something.

Even if my replies are rubbish, at least it shows someone out there is reading and replying.

Shame, because there is so much help and knowledge on this forum.

I hope it picks up again in the Spring, Pride of Longbridge not far off!!!

:wave:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts