MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there are any of you in the bath/bristol area, I need a massive favor. I need my rear brakes changing. I have the parts, just not the knowledge and wouldn't trust my self to do it. Are any of you able to do this for me?? I will give you a pretty penny at the end of the month :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In all fairness, I have next to no knowledge when it comes to fitting brakes and I wouldn't trust myself with it. however a friend of a friend (who comes highly recommended) has come to the recue and is getting sorted tonight :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
doubt the piston has seized they need winding in with a tool many are available the cheapest is a square block with different size lobes on all sides they are rely easy if you look at them by the way except for the 180 all the 200/400.45/25zr/zs calipers are all the same

·
Registered
59 Posts
iirc you can remove the piston with the above tool and give it a clean and grease up and buy a new seal for it instead of buying a full new caliper but i maybe mistaken but definately worth looking into

·
Registered
11 Posts
My old ones are testament to the fact they do seize, the seal had perished and the resulting corrosion stopped the piston moving back into the calliper.

I got refurbed units from eBay, worked out to be around £30 each after the rebate. What side do you need?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.