MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Having a really useful chat today with Dave Harrison about all thing MGR and we both said why don't MGR make more of their "MG Sport & Racing" involvement in the General sales area?

These were some of our thoughts and observations.

1. The BTCC (WSR) derived special edition ZS (already discussed very recently on the board). Good idea!

2. Stickers in all the new MG's rear window! Renualt used to advertise their Motorsport association in this way!

3. Good to see the "Second Year Anniversay Marketing" making use of the Reid win at Brands last year!

4. Dress up the showrooms with "Motorsport" derived merchandise. Comment: Who but the enthusiast knows about MG's involvement in rallying - TOCA & Le Mans?

5. Any more???

·
in The Chairman's Chair
957 Posts
Hear Hear

Jerry

I quite agree

I will say that my Local dealer, Friarsgate Of Lichfield are very much on the ball.

Monogram details are available.

A good range of MG available for test drive.

Knowledge of the X80.

Awareness of MG Motorsport is also good, with even sales reps going and have been to events such as Le Man etc

They even modified there normal full page advert in the local paper to show a copy of the MG ZR rally car after its 1st place recently.

I can highly recommend them and they realy do seem to know what they are on about with regard to the MG Rover and MG Motorsport.

Rob.
www.mg-extreme.co.uk

·
Registered
67 Posts
What?? Dealers who actually know what they are talking about? Surely not?

You know, if more dealers spent more time researching and learning about what they are selling and who they are working for, and perhaps being a little . . . . . . . passionate! . . . . . . about MGR, then their sales should be boosted! A lot of the creativity and impact of a car showroom is generated by the creativity of the salespersons/manager of that particular dealership, and going by a couple of the MGR dealers I have ben to, you would be forgiven for thinking that all the staff were only there because "It beats being on the dole!".

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Steve

I have to say that my local dealership does take an interest in MGR. The sales and workshop staff are loyal too. Many have been there for years, which is a reflection on the way they are maged by "Martin Kernahan."

However, I have been to dealers similar to those that you describe, whether MGR or "other."

·
Registered
401 Posts
Rob

I agree with the price problem, the demonstrator option seems like a damn good idea. Hope other dealers follow suit

Kev

·
Registered
401 Posts
With the monogram program surely they should have a few cars in the showroom displaying the new trendy colours?!!

Kev

·
in The Chairman's Chair
957 Posts
Kevin

With a chromactive paint job cost as much as £2,100 on a Zt-T I would suggest that the dealership who has a car with either the supertallic,kinetic,chromactive paint finish would have to be moving a fair few units to be able to recover the cost on re-sale.

But however I do now my local dealer has order two demonstrators in supertallic finish

Rob.
www.mg-extreme.co.uk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts