MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark Blundell Newsletter follows...Blundell reveals plans for 2002.

Former F1 ace and CART driver Mark Blundell spoke exclusively to Crash.net yesterday and here the Brit reveals his plans for 2002:

Q:
Hi Mark, thanks for talking to us. First up, you raced at Le Mans last year with MG. Can you tell us anything about your Le Mans plans for this year?

MB:
I will be at Le Mans again this year, however I can’t say anything more other than it will be announced in due course.

Q:
Can you say when?

MB:
February 28th.

Q:
Any other racing plans for 2002?

MB:
There is a possibility I might be competing in the DTM series this year. I have a conversation going on at this point and I will know at the end of this week whether there is something there. It is something I will look at in the future if it doesn’t come off at this point in time. Basically I like it because it is a European series, it is growing and it doesn’t clash with any Grand Prix dates, bar one, which is something that is quite important considering my work with [British F1 broadcaster] ITV.

Q:
You mentioned a little while ago to Crash.net about possibly doing the Indy 500. What’s the situation with that?

MB:
I’ve still got something going on with the Indy 500, but it is dwindling a bit due to the fact the budgets not forthcoming, it’s not a sensible amount. It’s not coming together at the speed I want it to and so I must admit at this stage it’s not looking promising.

Would appear that the 28th is when MGR announce the plans for MG Sport & Racing. Remember to visit THIS site for ALL your NEWS!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
If I believed in them I would say that it may be a coincidence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts