MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi to all, the alarm on the car seems twitchy.

Where are the sensors for the alarm please, are they in the doors or part of the bodywork? Only I want to de-activate the alarm to try out a few tests.

It's the passenger door and rear door I am concerned with. :)

·
Elegantly Wasted
286 Posts

Where are the sensors for the alarm please, are they in the doors or part of the bodywork? Only I want to de-activate the alarm to try out a few tests.

Not sure but is it not just the sensor that sits at top of the B pillar on the O/S?:)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
The sensor at the top of the B post is for the interior sensor, the microswitches in the door shuts are also linked to the alarm, they can be cleaned and regreased to improve their operation.

·
Biomorphic and the sun,perfection
3,290 Posts

If by "twitchy" you mean it is chirping and sounding intermittantly.it could well be water in the sounder.Undo the 2 10mm bolts holding the expansion tank in place and swing it out of the way.Underneath you will see a black box which is the battery back up sounder,remove this,undo the 4 phillips screws to reveal the battery and circuit board.You can then dry out the unit and refit at your liesure...........

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, the rear door doesn't shut properly at the mo, so I want to de-activate the alarm linked to the doors until the MoT is done.

I've only had the car for a week, and the guy who had it before removed the fuse in the engine bay, but I need the horn to work to pass the MoT.

Then I can sort it all out properly. :)

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sensor at the top of the B post is for the interior sensor, the microswitches in the door shuts are also linked to the alarm, they can be cleaned and regreased to improve their operation.
Whereabouts are the microswitches in the door shuts, and are they hidden under a rubber grommet? :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
theyre on the actual body youll see them theyre fairly big slidey switches could tape it in place, the horn should still work if the alarms de-activated as its a siren not the horn that sounds

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theyre on the actual body youll see them theyre fairly big slidey switches could tape it in place, the horn should still work if the alarms de-activated as its a siren not the horn that sounds
Many thanks Ritchy for the info, going to take a proper look tomorrow, i'll let you know how I get on. :yup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts