MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Got the MG bug bad...
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some maybe aware I bought this from Dan on the weekend and to say im impressed is an understatement. It drove faultlessly from Kent to Yorkshire only stopping for fuel on the way. The car is a great spec and feels like a Rolls Royce compared with my old ZR. My plans:

> Front End Respray
> Xpower goodies - OEM
> Fit TF Wheel - DONE
> Powdercoat and refurb the 11 Spokes
> Cambelt Change
> Exhaust change
> Some engine bay bling
> MK1 180 badge - Does anyone have one kicking around?
> Full Detail
> Paint Calipers Black with Xpower decals - DONE
> And enjoy it to the max.

Already fitted/Done:
> Induction Kit with CAF in inner wing
> LED sidelights and Interior lights
> Booked into bodyshop
> Booked in for Cambelt change
> Removed some stickers

Below are a few pictures I took on the Iphone over the last couple of days.

Will try and keep this going as a progress thread :)

·
MG ZS 180 MKI
3,364 Posts
Looks cracking mate :D

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Nice one!!! :)

I bet that feels like a smack around the face when you put your foot down compared to the ZR!

How much are you getting your belts done for? What sort of millage is the car on? (More and more I'm getting tempted to get a ZT190 myself, you only live once!)

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Nice looking 180 there Luke:)

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Would love to get a twin system on as they suit it so well. Just a question of cost and where to go :)
Ask around locally and see which exhaust fabricators are recomended, most are either independants or francished, personally I got mine at my local powerflow agent who have a cracking reputation but your local longlife agent maybe better.

I'd visit the locals and get some quotes, you'll also get a feel for the place.

Watch out for people breaking mk2's to get the exhaust trim, also eBay, you'll only get a right hand one that will need to be adjusted to fit.

Just for a guide, I got a single rear silencer as I have a towbar but normally they do 2 boxes, I got a seperate decat and they adapted my old one so it can be refitted if needed and it came in at about £350 last Feb, I think prices have risen due to the cost of steel going up.

·
Registered
600 Posts
i went to mij performance for my twin exhaust and it cost £390 that was for a cat back you can have them adjust exhaust note and choose the tail pipes you want and if you give them the trim they will fit it all for you....however i did have a problem with mine but once i took it back they was more than happy to alter it.

but i used them on my zr aswell for a quad exhaust and they are really good and price is usually pretty good .

hope that helps

·
Got the MG bug bad...
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Small Update:

As some have seen Ive had a bit of trouble with my knob (excuse the innuendo) It took me almost 30 minutes to get the sod off and in the end I cut it to pieces. I now have put on my Xpower gearknob along with my harness pads. I have also painted the calipers black with green Xpower decal but it was too dark to get a picture. I also got a new badge through the post courtesy of Dazzer at Locking Vinyl.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Looking good, love the new front badge, Dazzer does a fantastic job.

Was the knob stuck on?? Or just a B to move??

Think it a great feeling to get the car how you want it, roll on the twin exhausts.

:wave:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.