MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ZS 180 Facelift has been down on power gradually getting worse until, finally I was unable to overtake a Mondeo on the A249 last Sunday!

I have removed power & balance VIS (carefully following the instricuction on the excellent forum) They appear free of any unwanted oil deposits & the switches are not lose at all.

Should I now assume my manifold is kaput & buy one of the new one's for sale on Ebay for £465!

All views and advice gratefully received!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Fuel filter been changed recently?
Also you might have a slight air leak from the hose from air filter box where it joins to the throttle body (mine was, fuel consumption all over the place and. Crappy performance)

·
Lovin' the torque
288 Posts
I'd recommend testing the VIS valves before you do anything else. I had a similar problem and took out and cleaned up the VIS valves but it didn't make any difference. It was only when I tested them with a 9v battery that I found the power valve wasn't operating properly. The contacts in the motor had accumulated debris and weren't working very well. After a clean out with carb cleaner it was working perfectly. There's a wiring diagram on here somewhere which shows the connections, I just put a wire from a battery to the terminals and you can see whether the motor turns ok or not. Otherwise you'll never know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts