MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are my options? I dunno where to get a new one. Don't ask me what wheels I got....they're just the standard alloys that came with the mk2 Zed. Forget how many spokes.

Got an MOT booked tomorrow. What if they ask for it? Don't the garages have universal keys or something?

edit: They're the 11 spoke 17' wheels.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
What about this one?
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-40435953

I'm wondering if this is the standard key for all Mk2s?
That's the one, but I'm sure that if you order it then they will ask you for your code. Not sure if anyone can work out the code from the cars registration as they can the radio codes - might be worth asking Rimmers but I've not heard of that happening before. Mine came with a seperate card for the wheel nut codes, might be worth another look if you have some of the documents. Otherwise its a whole new set of nuts and matching key and someone who can remove the old ones which isn't easy but a decent tyre place will be able to do it.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did ring Rimmer's earlier, he asked if it was the "cloverleaf" type or some other type..didn't really hear what he said. I wasn't sure so I just said cloverleaf (although the key looks more star-shaped to me). Anyway, he said if it was cloverleaf they'd need the code for it before they can order it.

I'll have to wait for my mate to get home so he can have a look for it at his place where we took the wheel off. If he can't find it...then yup, I'm stuffed. I'm so annoyed with myself right now :twak2:

·
Mk1 ZS180 Saloon XPG
341 Posts
Try your nearest XPart dealer. Give them the VIN and they may be able to contact the Tech staff at XPart and get the vehicle build details which will include the number of the original locking wheel nut key.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try your nearest XPart dealer. Give them the VIN and they may be able to contact the Tech staff at XPart and get the vehicle build details which will include the number of the original locking wheel nut key.
My nearest Xpart dealer closed down. But Good idea anyway. Worth a try! thanx.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found it!!!!! :rockon:

I had this nagging feeling that I may have driven off with the key still on the nut so I finally drove 5 miles back to my mate's place and started pacing the roadside. Would you believe it! 20 yards down the road and there it was...still lying there by the kerb after 3 days! Unreal!

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Found it!!!!! :rockon:

I had this nagging feeling that I may have driven off with the key still on the nut so I finally drove 5 miles back to my mate's place and started pacing the roadside. Would you believe it! 20 yards down the road and there it was...still lying there by the kerb after 3 days! Unreal!
Next, get some very bright florescent paint and paint the outside of the key - you will never leave it on again, and if you do then it will be much easier to find at the roadside!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts