MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are considering getting a ZT-T and as much as I'd like to get a V6 (my wife used to have a Saab 9-5 3.0 V6 which was great fun) I think we'd be better off with the CDTi.

What sort of mileage can we expect to get out of the engine ? I've seen adverts for cars as low as 55,000 but there are also good looking cars at 100,000 miles plus and I don't know whether to spend a little more for a lower mileage model or save by getting a higher mileage car.

The other query is whether to get a manual or an auto...yes there are a few mpg difference in the economy of the two, but is an auto any more reliable (I see the clutch is about £5-600).

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Hi and welcome.

A lot depends on what you use thes car for and what sort of millage you do doing it.

James

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
V6's arnt that bad I get 27 mpg on mine, I have done 16K in 6months of ownership and worth every penny, I sold my ZTT cdti prior to getting the V6.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If your looking at dervs then print a copy of my checklist off in my signature and take it with you to any prospective purchases.

Simon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts