MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, on my way home from work yesterday i came across a car crash on the other side of the motorway involving a red modified mg and a silver merc, there were no ambulances or fire on site and as i'm medically trained i turned at the nearest junction and made my way back. On scene were the drivers mother and father, and basically several other mg drivers, the car which was wrapped round a tree was a red mg which had been in a collision with a merc which was down in a field. I told all on site that i was a medic and was greatly received, i asked the driver his name, he told me it was james, i told him my name is carl. I spoke to him clearly while i checked his vitals, he was in pretty good order considering the state of the car, he felt me touching his spine and there appeared to be no broken bones, he was just trapped. I tried to reassure him until the good guys got there.
The mg's were supposed to be doing a mg stand at the knockhill event later that day. Once the ambulance, fire and police crew got there i was able to leave a statement and go home. Now i had been up since 0600 the previous day as work for calmac in oban, this happened about 0750 yesterday, i was heading east to carnoustie where i live and the mg's were heading west to knockhill. When i got home my wife new something was wrong by the drained look on my face, as soon as i got through the door i crumbled and cried my eyes out. I didnt know the person i helped and cant believe i feel so much compassion and emotion to someone i dont know or have never met before. If i could get the drivers full name or phone number that would be appreciated greatly, just for closure for myself, would like to know if the guy is ok, thats all, please contact me if you know who i'm talking about. The accident happened between inchture and longforgan a90.

Its been good for me writing this post.

Carl nielsen
nissan qashqai

·
04/02/2010
417 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
all i can say is well done for helping,some people just drive past and dont give a ****,weldone for you and thets hope he is ok.

·
LozMachine's better half
1,514 Posts
Sounds terrible, hope he is ok and well done for helping :yup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
A big thumbs up for stopping, restored some of my faith that there are decent people still out there.

Jez

·
Registered
407 Posts
congrats on going out your way and helping another road user out who was in trouble. As others have said it restores faith in humainty that!

Not sure if you have tracked it down, but the event was 'Scottish Tuning Show' if it helps you track/research things any further...

·
Passionate about MGR.Cars.
4,082 Posts
Quite an emotional read was the first post. Well done for stopping & lets hope he is ok.
On a lighter note you must have MG blood in you as that is the sort of attitude we MG'ers have!

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Carl

Very sad to hear the story, but you must be commended for your actions. If everyone were as considerate as you appear the world would be a much better place.

Reading the thread on thezr it appears the lad has a broken neck but still has use of his limbs. Really hope he pulls through unscathed.

Well done again. Rob

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
+1,good on yer for helping out buddy,not too many people like yourself around these days,a BIG thankyou from the MG community........:yup:
+2, I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. Your actions could have saved him from any further injury.

:wave:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Nice one for stopping, I deal with accidents almost every day and am always amazed that people will drive through the scene of a fatal accident they have witnessed rather than stop, I know of more than one accident where someone has shouted abuse at injured people lying in the road as they were in the way! People have also moved our barriers to get to their house and not put them back (even throwing them in a hedge on one occasion) so we are suddenly faced with traffic flying round a blind bend on an unlit section of road at night.
As others have said it is nice to hear people still care, I hope if I ever have an accident someone like you is passing at the time.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
"Folks Many thanks for your messages, I have just left my son James at ninewells. I afraid that he has a broken neck, he is stable and still has movement of his arms and legs, we will know more tomorrow as to what they are going to do.
I will try and keep you updated.

Mike "

-From theMGZR.co.uk

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
damn, looks like the mg held up better then the focus, but it has to be said WTF!! where these cars headed to or from the same event? doesn't look good for ZR drivers in general.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts