MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..

As i put in my original hello thread i have just sold my impreza as was costing me loads on fuel..

looking at spending up 1500 on a mg zs 180

was orginally looking at getting a fiesta or similar but a friend had one of these and he abused it and it just took it and was an awesome car..

the impreza was doing 24mpg when good to it at 145 a litre on super..

so the mg will run on normal.. and by book does about 30mpg that sound about right?

roughly what do you guy get out of a tank (how much a tank).. i am not too worried as anything is gonna be better than the scoob but this would be a bit more fun than a fiesta.. only want the v6 to be honest..

i am thinking of going to look at this one..

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...radius/1500/page/1/postcode/tn290rs?logcode=p

unless anyone got one for sale down south with cambelts done??

my route to work tends to be long straight road sitting about 60mph 20 mile each way..so nice car and engine for it rather than a 1.6 4pot..

any advice or cars to look at/steer clear or buyer guide would be brilliant..

many thanks
pete

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
ah right i posted on your first post before and was saying i,m seeing around 27ish mpg thats takin it easy around town ,but as you are saying most stright roads sitting at 60mph i,m sure you could see 30mpg even maybe a little more . Looks like a nice car your gona view good luck with it pete

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts
55 litre tank in the ZS. Generally you should expect 280-320 miles to a tank. If doing all motorway miles at 60-70mph, if can probably see 380-400 miles at a stretch.

That makes about mid to high 20s MPG normal driving or upto 31-32MPG with all motorway.

Makes sure all VIS are working to make the most out of the car in terms of economy and performance.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
The car looks good but is carring a premium being from a dealer, you might get similar privatly for between £1000 and £1200.

I normally get get about 220 to a tank, my journey to work is about 10 miles of shortish dual carrageways so lots of accelerating and slowing with little cruising.

I have got over 400 to a tank on a long run but normally get about 300 on a run to the north.

·
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180
265 Posts
We've got a 180 and a Subaru. The 180 is a bit better on fuel (our old 120 was loads better though!) The best I've ever had on a tank was 331.1 which was Dartford to Birmingham and back but generally 220ish with normal driving (I'm quite heavy footed though ;) )

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
My ZT190 does 420 on 90 quids worth, my ZS TD does 505 on 64 quids worth
which do I prefer to dive

V6 ;-)

ZT's seem to be better on fuel (ignoring the bigger tank) which is strange due to size and weight. Clearly the bmw running gear and bigger wheel help.

But power delivery is smoother, and you really do surprise peaple with the pace of them.

Good luck with your hunt for a MG and welcome to the fold

1 - 6 of 6 Posts