MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.myroadrage.com/dangerous-driving.php?make=Rover

It might be old hat, I've not seen this website before. Use it to name and shame bad drivers. The link shows the rover section, tut tut. Anyhow, is this legal? Posting up information on a public website that can be used to identify somebody (Plate) And than making slanderous comments about them?

And no, my plate isn't on there :p

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
http://www.myroadrage.com/dangerous-driving.php?make=Rover

It might be old hat, I've not seen this website before. Use it to name and shame bad drivers. The link shows the rover section, tut tut. Anyhow, is this legal? Posting up information on a public website that can be used to identify somebody (Plate) And than making slanderous comments about them?

And no, my plate isn't on there :p
Cant imagine its agaist the law, your not saying anything about an individual as you cant prove who is driving the car at the time.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, that website is awesome lol, Im not sure who I dislike more; the driver's from the cars in the reports or the keyboard warriors doing the reporting.
In my case the later annoys me, 2 sides to every story in my opinion. Great website though, tis a chuckle

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts
On their first post see it on a daily basis drivers using the wrong lane so they can jump to the front of the queue and cut in because obviously they think they are better than everyone else.

It appears to be a common thing to do these days.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On their first post see it on a daily basis drivers using the wrong lane so they can jump to the front of the queue and cut in because obviously they think they are better than everyone else.

It appears to be a common thing to do these days.
Pet hate of mine, funny how some people say "They under took me", yeah if they can do that, there's room for you to be in that lane.

On another note, because google bot is hitting that site the car reg's if googled appear as a link to the post / comment.. lol :) I'm certain it must be illegal (Slander?) Spectre quite rightly says you cannot identify the driver, but you have to admit it is a little damaging, especially if the keyboard hitlers get the reg wrong

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Pet hate of mine, funny how some people say "They under took me", yeah if they can do that, there's room for you to be in that lane.

On another note, because google bot is hitting that site the car reg's if googled appear as a link to the post / comment.. lol :) I'm certain it must be illegal (Slander?) Spectre quite rightly says you cannot identify the driver, but you have to admit it is a little damaging, especially if the keyboard hitlers get the reg wrong
Most damaging to the resale value of the car, would you buy a car that got that up as the first hit on google (I always google reg numbers to find out if there have been forum posts about a car I want to buy, make sure its not some bodge artists project).

·
Registered
867 Posts
Not slander, it is libel and neither is a criminal offense. The offended party would need to sue in the civil courts and suspect it would be way beyond the financial resources of someone driving an old banger. The very first problem would be identifying the actual person to sue. Possible but very expensive.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Should have a similar site to shame cyclists who ride without lights at night and disregard the highway code. Infact, I'm thinking of standing on the side of the road and snapping photos of these lemmings and publishing them on my own website. Pictures don't lie. Either way, something needs to be done. I'm going to start a campaign of some sort.

Re, motorists who drive dangerously, get on your phone and call the police. If they're not stopped further down the road, the cops will sometimes go to their door and tell them there has been a complaint.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Should have a similar site to shame cyclists who ride without lights at night and disregard the highway code. Infact, I'm thinking of standing on the side of the road and snapping photos of these lemmings and publishing them on my own website. Pictures don't lie. Either way, something needs to be done. I'm going to start a campaign of some sort.

Re, motorists who drive dangerously, get on your phone and call the police. If they're not stopped further down the road, the cops will sometimes go to their door and tell them there has been a complaint.
You could just stand near my work for 5 mins, and you'll have enough pictures to get going!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts