MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
dubstep makes me happy
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

After some help..

I have a slow puncture and 2 tyres that are close to the legal limit.

I put my locking wheelnut key in a 'safe' place after it started annoying me rolling around in the ash tray. Do you think I can now find it?? Not a chance!

Tried Halfords, the new set of locking wheelnuts I bought had a key that doesn't fit.

Spoke to an MG part dealer, apparently there are 26 different varietys of similar locking wheelnuts for the mk2 ZS. If I had the part number I could order a new one, but I haven't got it :(

Please can anyone help? Anyone localish to Worcester with a locking wheelnut key for a 54 age ZS that has a key similar to mine who can lend me it for a couple of days (assuming it fits)?

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
Hi everyone,

After some help..

I have a slow puncture and 2 tyres that are close to the legal limit.

I put my locking wheelnut key in a 'safe' place after it started annoying me rolling around in the ash tray.
The McGuard ones are designed to be hard to get off . . .

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Spoke to an MG part dealer, apparently there are 26 different varietys of similar locking wheelnuts for the mk2 ZS.
I think that is wrong and there are considerably more, it was the MK1 that had a limited number.

You could do with finding the key code which should be with the owners manual. emergency access code, radio code etc and then you can order a new key from McGuard via their website. Those McGuard ones don't come off without a key or some clever welding!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.