MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after a (non-rover) set of locking wheel bolts for my 75. I've got 16" multispokes. Can anyone give me some tech details of the thread size/length and whatever else is needed. Have tried Halfords but no luck. - To be honest didn't like the look of what they had in there anyway

·
Registered
362 Posts
Try giving Demon Tweeks a call on 01978 664466. Tell what you are after and for what car and they should be able to find something.

Bought alloys for my previous car, with tyres two sets of locking wheel nuts and sports suspension all for £1000. And it was all delivered the next day.

Good company to know about.

PS. Request a catalogue too, they do some good stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Locking wheel Bolts - broken key

I've broken the key trying to remove over tightened bolts on my ZTT. Any suggestions on how to undo them?
They are the later type with the wavy circle spigot on the end.
They are too hard to drill out and I've tried the socket method which also failed since the slip ring is designed that way!

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts

I've broken the key trying to remove over tightened bolts on my ZTT. Any suggestions on how to undo them?
They are the later type with the wavy circle spigot on the end.
They are too hard to drill out and I've tried the socket method which also failed since the slip ring is designed that way!
Order a new key from the mcgard web site - https://www.wheellockkeys.com/homepage/deutschland/englisch/bestellung.php

First time I've heard of a broken one! - how tight were they?

P.S, :welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts

Order a new key from the mcgard web site - https://www.wheellockkeys.com/homepage/deutschland/englisch/bestellung.php

First time I've heard of a broken one! - how tight were they?

P.S, :welcome:
Sounds obvious, but how do I identify the particular key? Presumably there are many different ones.
The other bolts would not move with the standard wrench but eventually came off with a 18 inch handle socket and a lot of effort. Last time they were off was at the tyre dealers about a year ago.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts

Sounds obvious, but how do I identify the particular key? Presumably there are many different ones.
The other bolts would not move with the standard wrench but eventually came off with a 18 inch handle socket and a lot of effort. Last time they were off was at the tyre dealers about a year ago.
There are many different versions of the McGard key!

It should be written on a couple of pieces of card which should be with your car manual.

If you don't have these then you will need to ask or order through an MG/XPart dealer, maybe get them to undo the nuts too if they are that tight to avoid breaking another key! They should come off fairly easily, put some grease on them before refitting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts