MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was at Longbridge yesterday, for the motor sport presentation I saw loads and loads of Z cars.
Never seen so many on one day, there were one or two on the roads arounds Longbridge too.

In Mid April I will be back at Longbridge for a tour of the shop floor. I have been before, to see MGFs being assembled, but that was 3 or 4 years ago!

I cant wait :)

Kelvin

G

·
Kelvin Fagan said:
In Mid April I will be back at Longbridge for a tour of the shop floor. I have been before, to see MGFs being assembled, but that was 3 or 4 years ago!

I cant wait :) Kelvin
You are certainly a lucky chap Kelvin. Why the MGF, were you a previous owner of an F?

What are you seeing built this time?

Hopefully one day, they will let me loose around Longbridge! One day:D

G

·
Re: loads of Z cars

This is my first posting having read very interesting topics about MGR here.

I am currently the owner of mgf (S reg) (together with Rover600 - T reg) but utilise the mgf to a greater extent.

Travelling around the country I am surprised at the lack of "Z" cars on the roads. It may be that I don't travel to the right places but having driven recently to Newcastle not one of this type was observed on motorway/A roads.

Can any member of this group please inform me the number of "Z" type cars sold as they appear to be conspicuous by their absence or am I mistaken?

Thanks

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does seem to taking a while for the cars to get on the road, but recent reports of sales picking up will I think mean that after this month you will see a lot more on the road. But I remember when the MGF was launched it took a while to see them on the road in any numbers...

Kelvin

·
Registered
314 Posts
I am considering buying a ZS 180,had a test drive and it is a truly awesome car,but at £16695 for the car to my spec is a bit steep so i had a look on the autotrader website and found several ex demo 180's on there 4-6 months old all for around £3000 less than new with around 2500 miles.I think i will wait another 6-8 months and buy a used one,they should be well under £10000 by then.

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They wont fall that much in value!!
Mine was second hand, 4k miles 12.5k, as I discussed with Anthracite over a beer tonight ,I think the prices of used/pre registered cars seem to have crept up a little!!?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I think they should have had the special deals from the very begining, like the free insurance ,discounts and low finace.

G

·
Kevin

I agree with that one - how are they so cheap though, will the prices affect a "NORMAL" purchasers residual?s

Although a good dealer will always be worth his salt. Trade sales will not support your car if it does go wrong - where I KNOW Kernahan's will! :D :D :D

So what will you do - Trade sales or your dealer?

·
Registered
314 Posts
They still come with a full 3 year warranty,you can take it to any dealer in the country where it will be honoured,but a saving of £3500 is surely worth foregoing the red carpet treatment of a main dealer!!(if you can find one!).A word of warning though,their finance rate is 10%!,best to look elsewhere for that.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
>, Will the prices affect a "NORMAL" purchases residual? <

jerry,are you trying to tell me i paid over the odds? :D

something that winds me up at the moment is the discount given to mgcc/oc members.(kev puts flame suit on)
my reasoning is that someone that has bought a second hand MG and has not directly contributed to MG rover get a big discount because they a member of the said clubs.
And then someone like me or others that are not member of a club but have bought a brand new mg rover product (200vi) that has directly contributed to the present company get no discount.
why dont they just sell them at a price that EVERYONE can benefit from and not just a lucky few.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I must say that I'm with Kevin regarding the OC discount.

Regarding warranties on cars bought from the car supermarkets, I can't speak for the Z-cars but a lot of the cars they have are imported. Nothing wrong with that of course, but it means that the cars are only sold with the manufacturer warranty - which is Europe wide - and not the dealer warranty - which is contry specific. This means most cars bought from them come with a one year warranty only. However, they do offer, I believe, a scheme which gives you another two years of cover for ~£500.

Of course, this is just my anderstanding and I have never bought from one - has anyone here got direct experience?

S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts