MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a PSK-004 Reversing Sensor kit from Wireless Parking Sensors.
The item was dispatched two days after the order was placed. On receipt I observed that it was of Chinese origin. However it appeared to closely resemble a kit I had installed in my previous car and which had worked perfectly with no problems so I went ahead and installed it.
From the word go there were problems. At first it seemed to take up to a minute after selecting reverse before it showed any signs of life, then it did not work properly, sometimes picking up an obstacle but sometimes not. Sometimes it did not work at all.
I tried phoning the seller but only got an ansaphone telling me "all our agents are busy etc." and asking me to leave a message, which would then be answered "usually within two hours" I did not leave a message on this occasion but instead sent an email outlining the way I had installed the kit and the problems I was having. This was the response:
“Thanks for mail and sorry to hear about your issues with the electromagnetic parking sensor kit.
From what you have stated it appears there is a problem with the kit.
I will forward your email to our tech dept to see if they can shed some light to why you are having problems.
We will advise ASAP.”
There was no further response after this.
Two days later I tried phoning again but got the same ansaphone, this time I did leave a message asking them to phone me but they did not, so I emailed again, response below:
“Thanks for mail.
OK i have forwarded your info to our tech dept and now waiting for a response.
If no solution is found then the item will need to be returned to us for a replacement or refund.
I will advise asap.”
As before there was no further response.
Now, two weeks after receiving the item I have decided to cut my losses and buy another kit from elsewhere. It is impossible to remove this kit from the car without scrapping the antenna, which tears as you try to unpeel it, and in my case the rather flimsy buzzer also disintegrated when I tried to prise it away from the sticky pad which is supplied to attach it to the bulkhead. So I’m £49.99 out of pocket and I can’t send it back for a refund.
In conclusion, this item is highly overpriced for a cheap and nasty product, and the seller has no conception of what constitutes good customer service. My advice, don’t touch ‘em.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
I'd take photos of it all, remove it, box it up and send it back, recorded delivery and hopefully get a refund.

Did you get it off ebay?? Think they have a good complaints procedure.

Good of you to post up as a warning but they seem to have got off lightly.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I often use one of these when reversing, find it very effective.

On a serious note its always a risk buying through ebay, Cant to file a complaint through paypal. Otherwise if you let them string it out the 45 days will have past and then I believe there is nothing you can do. :(

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
As Pete said, I'd send it back despite it breaking as you removed it.

It was proberbly a copy based on the kit you had before.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I use a mirror too sometimes, but in my car it's really difficult to judge where the corners are (at least that's my excuse) I didn't buy it from Ebay, I bought it direct from the Wireless Parking Sensors website, and as you can see they don't care so I don't have much of an option except the small claims court maybe, but that's probably going to be quite a hassle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let the Buyer beware! - the Sequel

OK folks, if you are thinking of fitting a 'no holes' parking sensor then you should consider this one.

http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/

• Straight away it has a much more quality feel to it and is more robust, in particular the antenna, which is made of a much heavier gauge aluminium foil than the other one I tried.

• It comes with very good installation instructions and as if that weren't enough there is loads of good installation advice on the website including step by step videos.

• You install it on the vehicle and it WORKS!

It's a bit more expensive than most but I guess you get what you pay for!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts