MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale a R45 leather steering wheel with audio controls. £Make me an offer£

I believe the audio controls only work with the standard HU, which I don’t have so unable to confirm if they work or not. I upgraded to this wheel as it is smaller than the barge like ZS steering wheel and has the nice 10 to 2 thumb grips like wot you get with the TF wheel but without the hassle of having to make your own self cancelling spacer, re-earth your horn, change you airbag/rotary coupler or adapt your existing airbag. It’s just a straight swop for the original and to me feels better than the ZS wheel. Selling as have just upgraded to the TF wheel and had to make my own self cancelling spacer, re-earth my horn and adapt the existing airbag to look oe, easy peasy.

couldnt resist a quick pic

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
The audio controls can easly be made to work with any head unit that has steering wheel remote capability.

All ZS's have the wiring in the rotarty coupler and steering column as far as the fuse box, all you need to do is extend this as far as the head unit and add an autoleads adaptor (PC99 and the interface for your make of H/U)

This is the one I used http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260418100970?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 on my ZS180 and R45 wheel.

Well worth buying IMHO.

·
Registered
398 Posts
how much do you want for it as need a steering wheels for the new ZS

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how much do you want for it as need a steering wheels for the new ZS
How does £20 posted sound. probably cost me that in stamps now they've stuck the prices up!

I've give it a good clean with a magic eraser so has that nice new matt look, which last a couple of weeks then they all go back to a gloss black effect. will chuck a magic eraser in free so you can keep it looking matt.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Diamond! Can't wait to fit, horn might work now LOL!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Arrived (all be in parcel in pieces LOL) not your fault just tape come off

Well, horn STILL doesn't work :hammerhea

The airbag is now looking like an over-sized version :(

Do airbag from MG come in a smaller size so it looks "flush"

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think they do. TBH I never noticed the MG airbag looked over-size when it was on mine, just a smaller diameter wheel. I have the same airbag on my TF wheel (minus about 8mm from the bottom) and don't think it looks over-size on that one either. Throw a pic up of it fitted.

Horns probably dead. Can you still here a clicking noise when you press the button?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I don't think they do. TBH I never noticed the MG airbag looked over-size when it was on mine, just a smaller diameter wheel. I have the same airbag on my TF wheel (minus about 8mm from the bottom) and don't think it looks over-size on that one either. Throw a pic up of it fitted.

Horns probably dead. Can you still here a clicking noise when you press the button?
clicking noise definately there, just wondering now if I re-connected it PMSL!!!
It's a single horn by the sounds of it (when it worked) so needs changing anyhow, another thing for me to do

on an up-side, the Clifford alarm seems to have reset itself and now WORKS!!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Clifford stopped "beeping" again ?!
Fuses ok for the horn, but looks like I'm going to be ripping a rover 45 apart on Saturday!

Lots of nice goodies in the car for me to have... hopefully double horn!

·
Registered
398 Posts
The audio controls can easly be made to work with any head unit that has steering wheel remote capability.

All ZS's have the wiring in the rotarty coupler and steering column as far as the fuse box, all you need to do is extend this as far as the head unit and add an autoleads adaptor (PC99 and the interface for your make of H/U)

This is the one I used http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260418100970?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 on my ZS180 and R45 wheel.

Well worth buying IMHO.
Got both auto leads adaptors, what do I need to do?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts