MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a leather bound steering wheel available for the R25?

I have enquired about a ZR steering wheel but have been told that it will not fit due to the airbag components being different.

Anyone able to verify/provide some feedback?

Thanks in advance.

Nat

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nat,

The R25 GTi came as standard with a leather bound steering wheel, and the spec brochure I have says that it was an option on all models...

So I guess you should be able to source one through the parts department.

HTH.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that!

Just asked Kernahans if they can source one for me, so hopefully I will get lucky!

Modifying is beginning to get expensive! :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh he knows alright :D

Still waiting for the spoiler - hasn't arrived yet :(

Was supposed to get it fitted on March 16th, but I think I'm in for a wait....

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Steering wheel is likely to get expensive - the MGF one is something like 600 quid I read somewhere, because of the airbag components... :confused:

·
Longbridge !
3,306 Posts
What spoiler are you getting nn-y ?
and how much is it ?
I've got a new 25 due in a few weeks and want to mod it a little myself.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The official ZR one which is available in the accessories booklet for the 25.

Inclusive of paint it's £287 I think. £200 for the spoiler and the rest for paint and labour.

Expensive, but worth it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
About what I paid a year ago.

Had rear spoiler (ZR-alike) and 'front air dam extension' fitted to my GTi about 2-3 months before the Z's were announced. Paid 600 notes for the pair - painted, fitted etc.

Front spoiler is slightly different to the MG one - has ducts for potential brake cooling hoses (although to date I still haven't done this!) :)

The night all the MG Z's were on Top Gear I didn't half get some looks when I went out for petrol! :cool:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wanted to, almost did for an ex demonstrator 105+ in solar red, with most options, but they wouldn't do the finance over 5 years.

I still owed over 7k on the car and they'd only give me 6k for it (3 months old at the time!)

The only way they could do it was over 4 years unless I could afford to put more than £500 down as a deposit on the car.

Which I couldn't unfortunately. No other way around it and couldn't afford huge monthly payments. I wanted to keep them around the £230-£240 p/m mark.

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Max, I think nat would like to do that too. However I don't think it's an option with our current finances.... :(

·
Registered
718 Posts
Steering wheel

The steering wheels off 25/MG ZR are the same although the airbag module is different so as long as you keep your existing airbag changing the wheel wont be a problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts