MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going this year? If so what are your plans?

Last year I drove down and stayed in a hotel Friday night about 50 miles from the cct. See Le Mans

I applied for time off this year but as yet haven't got it. Anyway, I shall ask nearer the time. On the proviso that I shall be succesful I'm going to book - parking and a race ticket/grandstand and if I can't make it sell the package. Will, also look at Ferry Xings and a hotel for Friday night. :D

Will post when I've booked the ticket!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Would love to go but can't.

I can see no way of teaching until friday afternoon, getting there, watching the race and then getting back to teach on monday morning.

Pity.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
I shall be going this year without any shadow of doubt. Will have a Licolnshire Yellow Belly in tow as well.

My plan is to travel down to Portsmouth on the Thursday night/Friday Morning.

Ferry from Portsmouth to Caen.

Travel from Caen to Le Mans (96 miles). May stop in Ibis en route.

Return Sunday evening. Arrive back in Lincoln mid/late Monday
morning.

Times of Ferry/cost of Ibis Hotel to be advised.

Anyone else up for it?

Jimbo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John

You must go - this year could be one of those thay you will say to your grand children "I was at Le Mans when MG finished 1-2-3 and beat VAG (Audi/Bentley) the favourites".

Don´t forget this a possibility - their cars are ultra competative. Last year Blundell finished was convincingly fastest for a while. This is a lightweight machine (LMP 675 class and not the 900 as Audi and thus requires less fuel and is softer on the tyres).

If you have a chance you must Go! :D

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
And, unfortunately, me also.
There is absolutely no way that I can get there, and even if I did it is physically impossible for me to be back in front of a class at school by 9.00am on Monday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts