MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddenly starting to have problems with the heater fan. Sometimes it'll work fine and at others there is just nothing; no blowing at all. Not really sure where to start looking. I get the feeling that there is a loose connection somewhere as I'll be driving along and the fans will all kick in or turn off!!

Starting to be really annoying now as I want the air con on and that works when the blowers are blowing!!

Any help on where to start?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Suddenly starting to have problems with the heater fan. Sometimes it'll work fine and at others there is just nothing; no blowing at all. Not really sure where to start looking. I get the feeling that there is a loose connection somewhere as I'll be driving along and the fans will all kick in or turn off!!

Starting to be really annoying now as I want the air con on and that works when the blowers are blowing!!

Any help on where to start?
i had an issue with my fans not blowing on a few settings this was down to the heater resistor packing in, some people fix them others just buy replacements like me.....if that is the fault?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-MG-200-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e5a181431

Check behind the glove box and you will clearly see the part in question if you take it out and check it...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not the resistors. I replaced them last year and all was fine over the winter. I have checked them again and they are ok. The problem is intermitant ; sometimes they work-sometimes they don't!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just taken the blower unit out and it's full of leaves. Took me a while to find the pollen filter and that was the same. Fingers crossed that cleaning it out will sort the job.

Now got a rim leak on the wheel-how annoying!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts