MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, as the title says, it struck me the other day, where is everyone? I do a lot of driving and I very rarely see another MG on the road. A couple of years ago I would have said the most popular MG on the road was the ZR but I may see just one a day now (doing 110 miles a day). I see one yellow ZT, one ZR and one TF regularly on my route to MK and back. But thats it. No ZS's whatsoever. Where are they?

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
The rarest one for me is petrol ZT's (and 75's). I still see a few diesels but the 190's seem to be getting very rare.

Maybe people just can't afford to drive them much with fuel costs.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Maybe people just can't afford to drive them much with fuel costs.
I could understand that with the 180s etc but I mean just any modern MG. Very strange indeed. As for the MG6, Ive never seen one on the road other than Andy Knott testing one for the MG Car club in Abingdon.

Its BMW, audi, BMW, audi, etc etc

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
Its BMW, audi, BMW, audi, etc etc
German cars are a must have if you are fashionable . . . just like Bank bashing, it's a fashion (empty headed) thing . . . :coffee: independent thought is a very rare thing these days.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Recently I've been seeing more ZS's and ZR's locally and seeing the same ones more regularly.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
This struck me too, I see a few regular cars on the way to and from work (Including a ZS 180) but they are getting rare now. I assume they're getting wrote off or scrapped when the repair bills come in these days.

I must admit, I'm starting to wonder if the Zeds will have a future to look forward to (Being kept, showed, looked after and so on).

One thing I can say though, I'm seeing less Zed sheds on the road, the ones left look really well looked after.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Went to a 75 and ZT meet at Sammy Millers Motorbike Museum today. So we had 75's, ZT's ZS, TF and a ZR.

Stretched limo

So there are still a few around!!!

:wave:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This struck me too, I see a few regular cars on the way to and from work (Including a ZS 180) but they are getting rare now. I assume they're getting wrote off or scrapped when the repair bills come in these days.
This is what I wondered to be honest. Ebay seem to have a lot of spare parts going and maybe people are stripping them down to get more value out of them instead of selling. Its a shame but but not surprising.

I counted the number of MGs today on my way to MK and back at peak times. 2 ZRs, 1F, 1TF, that was it.

·
MG ZS180 MKII 5 Door
207 Posts
This is what I wondered to be honest. Ebay seem to have a lot of spare parts going and maybe people are stripping them down to get more value out of them instead of selling. Its a shame but but not surprising.

I counted the number of MGs today on my way to MK and back at peak times. 2 ZRs, 1F, 1TF, that was it.
Many are becoming weekend cars.

At a weekend the German stuff (company cars) get left at home and out come the club cars, MG's, real mini's etc.

I see many more at week ends now.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Seems to go in phases in Nott's, maybe in coincides with pay day and as the weeks go on people run out of fuel :biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts