MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been a few months now since the mg 6 went onsale and i went to have a look at one in the showroom a few months back not a bad car but dont think i would own one there just isnt a quick one available only the 1.8 turbo and lets be honest its not very quick and doesnt look like an sporty mg if i,m honest . what i,m saying are they selling very well because ive never seen one yet on the roads not one single mg6 surely mg uk cant be selling that many and if not its not looking good for the future of longbridge is it ?

·
Economy motoring
2,301 Posts
I've seen 4 out on the road. 3 were demo cars though so i don't think that counts. One had a different rear end to the others?!?!?
Tbh they don't look bad....but they don't look good either. They just melt into the traffic. One on the M60 near Manchester. Two in convoy on the M6 near the M60. The other on was parked in front of a house in Gargrave North Yorks.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
They just melt into the traffic.
afaik I haven't seen any on road, but tbh I may have unknowingly seen 100s for this very reason.
Almost got excited a few times and its turned out to be a Lexus, Mazda, Insignia or something.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
I haven't seen one :sad:

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Not seen any round Bournemoth, but you have to be near enough to see the front badge to make sure.

Think thats the trouble, doesnt stand out and hit you in the eye, like it should.

Even the colours look run of the mill, dont know what the colour range is, but TY or Ignition blue would be better than the 3 or 4 I've seen at shows.

Think they want to be too safe and middle of the road, but thats not the MG buyer.

:wave:

·
Lighten up dude
1,154 Posts
We have two floating around Guernsey - one silver and one metallic blue. We have the hatch and Magnette (saloon) in the MG dealer here for test drive. Looks a little like the Mazda 6 from some angles but you cannot miss the front end - its all MG.

The saloon also looks a little Saab like and bigger than you expect in the skin although the dealer told me its not much bigger than a ZS underneath.

2.0 ltr coming soon apparently - new engine and there is a tuning company in Asia already selling tuned versions - I'll try to get more details of this when I can.

P

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I've seen a few around these parts, But then I do live a hop skip and a jump from Long bridge, and Summit MG has this area's catchment.

They're not too bad to be honest, a safe bet of a car for MG to be making, and with the Zero and the MG 5 on the cards, I'm convinced they know what they're doing.

Tell you what, I've even thought about buying one - thought mind! Then I've decided buying one new is nuts, The depreciation from 18/19K is too much to stomach (I'm not made of money) and without a bigger range of cars I wouldn't get one and then look to swap in three years (Swap to what? - another MG6? I wouldn't down scale to a smaller model). And then there's the tax and emissions. We just bought a Toyota aygo and after buying that I've become a bit more "How much will tax / fuel be in 5 years time"

It made me think actually, we're all driving around in Zeds at least 5 years old, and the depreciation hasn't been bad at all! (Compare to other cars of the same age with similar spec and appeal)

·
Registered
976 Posts
a car rental company ordered 500 of them in june, so i think theyre doing ok as that was a quarter of years low predicted sales.

·
Registered
976 Posts
they apparently sold 98 in may too, would have thought it should have gone up a bit since then. so 600 odd cars in two months aint bad, which is nearly 11 million in sales taking a rough 18k sale price

·
lieks teh b00bies!1
134 Posts
Not seen any round Bournemoth, but you have to be near enough to see the front badge to make sure.

Think thats the trouble, doesnt stand out and hit you in the eye, like it should.

Even the colours look run of the mill, dont know what the colour range is, but TY or Ignition blue would be better than the 3 or 4 I've seen at shows.

Think they want to be too safe and middle of the road, but thats not the MG buyer.

:wave:
Everytime I see one of these, I think it's a 6!

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Why has it got reversing sensors on the front? Or is that the back (hard to tell tbh)?

·
Registered
608 Posts
for reversing I think there is a camera, and not sensors
I thought the camera was only on the TSE spec? The others having standard reversing bleeping things. Christ knows why you would need them on the front - are they trying to tell people that forward visibility is naff?

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
im not sure of what available on the different specs, I was under the impression that all models had pretty high specs across the range..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts