MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passed my MOT today courtesy of Kwik Fit. Booked and paid for (£30) online. In and out in less than hour and no faffing about. Say what you like about them but at least they didn't burn me like the Indy garage did last year by concocting non-existent faults and causing me needless hassle and cost.

But your're gonna have fun with this. The guy who tested my car today had problems engaging 1st to drive it on the ramp so afterwards he gave me an 'unofficial' advisory. Apparantly my Zed has a dodgy 'clutch cable'! :slap: Tried to point out that it's a hydraulic clutch but he was quite adamant. I was just happy to pass so I didn't argue. :->

Makes me wonder though. Aren't MOT testers supposed to be trained mechanics?

·
won hay-tee
607 Posts
My best mate is in management for them and the watchdog program has hit them unbelievably hard.

They are in a right ****ty state, so they have had to raise the game, my mate has been told that 2 men from each site are going to have to be made redundant due to the crash in custom following the program.

Nightmare for him at the moment to the point were he is looking for a change in career as he is sick of the stress.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure if they conducted a similar survey of independent garages the results would be equally bad if not worse. It's just that KwikFit is a household name and is held to higher standards. I just find them very convenient to use for some things and if things do go wrong I'd rather deal with a big company that has oversights and procedures to deal with my complaints. I've been burned by small garages so many times that it's frayed my trust in them somewhat. Maybe I've been unluckier than most.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm pretty sure if they conducted a similar survey of independent garages the results would be equally bad if not worse. It's just that KwikFit is a household name and is held to higher standards. I just find them very convenient to use for some things and if things do go wrong I'd rather deal with a big company that has oversights and procedures to deal with my complaints. I've been burned by small garages so many times that it's frayed my trust in them somewhat. Maybe I've been unluckier than most.
My local Kwit Fit guys are very good.
I get tyres swopped over and balanced for nothing, punctures fixed for nothing, if I take anything that needs the bearings pushed out and new ones pushed in, again for nothing and various other things that they don't charge me for. I also get discounts for anything I have to pay for so I can't fault them.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I use kwik fit for the works car as I have to, last time I was there there was a woman with a mk3 golf, they had failed it and said it was unfit to drive due to a broken drivers door mirror, it still had the mirror part but was taped on and could not be adjusted. They told her it would take a week and cost £300 for them to get a brand new color matched one from VW, their only option.

She had her kid with her and had to walk home, I hate them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts