MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Why?

Hot hatch you want a revvy 4-pot with 16 valves + turbo or supercharger and 200 bhp+ if the chassis can take the torque. Don't want a torque steering nightmare like the MG Maestro Turbo or 220 Coupe Turbo. :(

Can't remember what do they put on the cam cover of the "MG" models - not "Rover" obviously?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
That piccy is of the MK1 KV6 in R800.

The versions of KV6 fitted into 75/ZS/ZT are almost a completely different engine.

Too many revisions to it to be believed, but different cam covers included amongst them.

Cam covers have no wording and are just metal. Covering the cam covers is a plastic cover. This cover has a square badge saying V6 24 valve, quad cam.

Therefore no Rover/MG insignias/badges on engine.

I notice all parts from dealers are now coming in with MGR packaging designs. Some of the parts themselves (oil filters, etc) also have MGR written on them!!!

Matt.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Robin,

I have to say it is a great engine.

Very smooth and quiet with a hell of a lot of grunt. Rover trademarks of midrange and power.

Although, on my R75 I would say that the honda 27's are a little more urgent towards the redline, getting quicker and quicker whereas the KV6 seems to produce the same output from 4 - 6.5 K. Probably due to a heavy flywheel and relatively long stroke, although it has a better head design with 4 cams.

Something you will notice is that they really have sorted the drivetrain (engine mounts/engine management throttle damping, etc, etc) so you are able to come off and on the throttle causing virtually no kangaroo, or drivetrain "Jerk"

Matt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts