MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw one of these earlier in white and it looked just as good as the pictures. Anyone else interested in this car?

The downside is the UK currently only gets a 17 diesel. Meanwhile the Americans are laughing away with a 2.0 turbo direct injection doing 270bhp.

One thing still bothers me about Kia. They have got the style now, apparently they have got the quality, reliability is supposed to be good. But I don't like how quickly they mess with their range - bad news for if you buy one and want it to hold it's value.

I could still forgive it though for looking this decent:

·
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you put a BIG MG badge on the front, it would look like a........................

:wave:
You mean the MG6 right :) I can see what you mean.

It's a bit nicer looking than the 6 in my opinion, it's bigger and sleeker. What it reminds me most of is the Jag XF, but more modern.

Styling-wise I think this Kia is great. If that 2.0T engine comes to the UK it would be very tempting.

·
Registered
830 Posts
They do look quite nice.

MG5 is the one we are waiting to see how it comes out as a possible ZS replacement.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Nice but as ever, it looks like loads of other marques already out there. Ford, Vauxhall, MG, VW, yawn! yawn!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Looks nice that kia have come along way now as have hyundai the south koreans are building some great looking cars these days but there not cheap anymore there just the same as ford vauxhall etc . so gone are the days of buying them as a cheaper option from the likes of ford etc

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
I love the look of the Optima, apart from maybe that chrome strip over doors, but its £24k iirc - not exactly budget!

·
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why does it look like a cardboard cut-out? lol
Yeah someone went a bit mad in Photoshop I think.

There was one parked up just round the corner from me the other night when I walked to the shop, had a good look close up. It's a looker. But as you fellas are saying it's not cheap.

I wonder what you would actually end up paying. Ford list prices are silly at the moment, but you can get new Focus models 6 months old for 7-8k off list which is a bit more sensible.

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Thing with Kia's and Hyundais is the warranty.

Kia is 7 years IIRC
Hyundai is 5 years (I also got 2 years free servicing and free MOT's for life (not that I will still have it after 3 years)).

Price as well, was heavily discounted £1500 (18%) off list price and a good part ex as well.

Like the optima though. Does look like a mg6 magnette, also a saab 9-3 and many many more.

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
insignia vxr replica , but the vauxhall has 320 bhp standard .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts