MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MD at Kernahans is going mad on is Trophy Yellow -ZT190+ .

The latest rumour is that he is fitting DVD + screens at the back of the front seats.

He has already retrimmed the seats in Alcantara/Leather.

Also rumoured to be puting height spacers on the real spoiler. I will ask Jerry to get some pictures of this lairy car! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is rumoured that the "Traffic Wardens" in Witney have been issued with sunglasses as the reflection from the Yellow ZED TEE has blinded at least one. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
The rumours are all true!!!

The car has been transformed with black alcantara/leather replacing the existing monaco trim, replacement ICE with SAT NAV, DVD player incorporating screens in the back of the front head restraints and raised rear spoiler :D Oh I almost forgot, and more remote controls than a TV shop :D

Will post pics soon when I get an anti-glare lens :D :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Would certainly be interested in seeing some pics of the raised spoiler - may be a worthwhile and cheap(ish) mod.. :D

Don't think Nat would let me do the rest of that lot though... :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Modifications - nearly complete!

Just been into Witney (didn't go to Snetterton - tomorrow if the weathers good).

Thought I would call in to see the "Yellow Peril" - didn't take the digi camera though - doh!

Clarion - Satnav - DVD - CD changer installed - screens with remote headphones for the rear passengers and about 7 remotes!!!!

Liked the retrim in Black Alcantara.

The spoiler spacers were manufactured in "Aluminium" about an inch - looked very good quality - I imagine expensive. Also liked those - looked good - if not high enough!

Sparco foot pedals added and the clutch pedal reworked to give clearance for the foot rest. Good mod as my foot gets trapeed between the bulkhead and clutch pedal when trying to find the rest as the clearnace is too small. Take note MGR!

PS. Saw Alan BC there - MGF service. We ended up watching "Top Gun" on Martins DVD. Couldn't find a waitress though!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I told you that you could investigate a sat nav system but you decided not to - nobody's fault but your own!

As for the spoiler - yes please!

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
I wonder how much of the price for these aluminium spoiler extensions is materials and how much is for labour to make them. If it wasn't too much more to have them a bit higher, I might consider...

Will have to go see Martin at Kernahans at the weekend... :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who needs an EVO for a raised spoiler!

Well Nick, its looks as though we know the price and fitment.

MAX POWER or what - but It'll look good. Thats the "Yellow Peril" and our "Cool Blue" ZT's with raised spoilers.

Remember to join this exclusive club you need to have a ZT190+ and spend on the Kernahan Racing Package. :D What's the Kernahan racing Package - details to follow?

Martin, is also fitting the revised clutch pedal. Totally agree with his sentiments. You need real dainty feet to get your foot past the clutch pedal to the foot rest! This must be sorted at design/production stage - MGR are you listening!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Firstly you can't really miss the "Mr Mustards Car". I've only seen one yellow ZT before. Must admit it does look "The Dogs". Not sure about the spoiler extentions though.

Jim

Future ZT190+ driver

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Racing package??????? Tell me more... :)

I guess I must have dainty feet then... Never had a problem with resting my foot on the foot rest.:D

JIM, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the spoiler extensions - Jerrys and mine will be slightly different to the ones pictured. I just hope I can still see the boys in blue through the rear view mirror.. :)

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Damn, that's an expensive package... :)

Got my hopes up there Jerry, oh well, maybe I'll get a massive payrise this year, and then I can go get one..

·
Registered
38 Posts
my opinion !

well i luv it , dont care what anyone else say's !!

couple of things though !

not sure about the headphones hanging up in the rear ,

and those remote controls , will anyone know what they all do and when to press them !

keep the kids amused though i guess !

overall superb
(hoping to get to drive it as well )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The "Yellow Peril" is now "Black" as well! In that the ZED TEE has Black windows. Should have had the camera with me! Looks really nice!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This was the sites "original Yellow Peril" so what will Mr Kernahan drive on next weeks trackday?

Don't think it will be a ZT, rumours are it will be one of his Caterhams (one of 3 present) as well as customer cars.

Should also be the entire MG range present, Warren Hughes driving a ZS180, the WSR LE and some management types from MGR!

As its an MG day, only MG's with one exception {Caterhams} will be allowed on track.

If you haven't booked - book now!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.