MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to wash the Trophy and get it dried and garaged before the next shower. :D

Also, discovered that one wheel is curbed, only slightly. It is repairable thankfully.

Trouble is I don't know when the damage was done! One thing about the Trophy wheels is that the metal stands proud from the tyre which makes kerbing a higher risk on the Trophy than other cars.

Just hope Jerry understands! :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
The straights on the ZS 180 are the same, the P Zero's have no protective rib round them, I now have a couple of scrapes and a small chunk missing on mine, mostly due to pot holes on country lanes :mad:

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Max, I'm sure he'll understand....

Thankfully, I haven't curbed the wheels on the ZT at all yet. Mind you, I am being very careful - Nat would never let me live it down!... :)

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Climber,

Although my ZS is a 120 it has the 17" straights and came shod with Michelin Pilots. They have a rubber 'rib' to stop, or at least to prevent, kerbing.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Max (she's who must be obeyed).

That's Ok darling - I'll just have to check out Wheel Repair Company :D :D :D :D

If anyone knows of any other companies that refurb wheels let me know.

Signed: miserable of Oxfordshire.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
errrrr this may sound a stupid question,but why have the ZS boys all got different tyres?mines shode in pirelli asimetricos

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
According to one of the sales staff at my local dealer the original idea was for the Michelins on the ZR and ZS, but these were not available when the cars were launched so Pirellis were used.
No idea about why different Pirellis though.
My wife's ZR (with 16" hairpins) is also shod with Michelins. Both cars delivered in October.

·
Registered
388 Posts
kevin neal said:
errrrr this may sound a stupid question,but why have the ZS boys all got different tyres?mines shode in pirelli asimetricos
Me too. As JLD says, I think that the Michelins are new in that size - I certainly wasn't able to get a price when I phoned around before buying my car - and weren't available for early production.

S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts