MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I know that kelvin may be embarrased at me posting this - but its worth a look - he posted the 2001 season link to me (Kelvin's one of the NTL posters who sometimes can't), unless he changes dialup.

This is for this season:

This seasons BTCC report

Last Seasons Link:

Car Enthusiast

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Brands - Reid/Hughes flying

Check this out - Kelvin has captured Reid and Hughes FLYING. To see a large picture go to the site at
Brands BTCC

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kelvin: Don't mean to take this too far afield from the MG content, but I'm curious. What sort of film (brand/speed) do you prefer for motorsports photography? Dependent on sunshine vs. clouds? I have a fair amount of experience with standard landscape type photography, but the only sort of fast action photography I've done is ice hockey (which has all sorts of low light issues which motorsport generally wouldn't have). This summer I'll be making the annual trip up to the Canadian GP in Montreal, and I've decided to try and take some halfway decent pics...

-Ricardo

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
several question to be answered:

Kev,
Motordrives capture a lot more images and improve the chance of capturing the picture you want, but it eats up the film! Thats if your using film!! Many people know are using didital. I still like film and a handful of photos!! When trackside I pick out the spot whereI know the car is going to pass, pre-focus on the point, as car approaches pan with it, and then as it come into focus click! 'one shot'

As it was I spent 50 quid on getting films developed!
I got carried away I think, and thats without motordrive!

Knickerbrook at Oulton seems to be a favorite spot, has its own entrance and I believe trackside parking!! See the BTCC forums!!

Kryten,
I tend to use 2 speeds of film, 200 asa and 400 asa,
British weather as it is, it's usually 400, its copes better with poor light. I tend to use Kodak film stock, I get it from work! The choice of others at the track seems mainly to be Fuji! I have used Fuji and it is good!!

HTH
Kelvin

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Kelvin - just been into the link. Great shots. Really do like the Warren Hughes photo going through Dingle Dell, all 4 wheels in the air.

Jim

PS - Any chance of a copy?

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
I may do some enlargements and offer them for sale,
I know kevin did want one. There are some similar airborne shots on MGRs own site!

Kelvin

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Kelvins Pictures

Yes, I would be interested too. A little bit of cheek here - maybe Kelvin would supply his "best" pic on a thread at a good price if we all placed an order! Over to you!

At the press day Kelvin managed to get a picture of Kevin and I talking to Rob Oldaker, and on Monday the picture was willingly signed by Rob. Thanks Kelvin.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Having looked at Kelvin's work I can see one VERY BIG advantage of his photos over mine.

Mine all have a fence between me and the cars.

:(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kelvin Fagan said:
several question to be answered:

Kryten,
I tend to use 2 speeds of film, 200 asa and 400 asa,
British weather as it is, it's usually 400, its copes better with poor light. I tend to use Kodak film stock, I get it from work! The choice of others at the track seems mainly to be Fuji! I have used Fuji and it is good!!

HTH
Kelvin
Thanks, I'll give it a shot...

-Ricardo

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Enlargements

I believe Kelvin is looking at enlarging some photos for us. However, I won't spoil is thunder. Put me down for a Reid flyer. :D

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts