1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I had a nicer hand crafted jobbie at my local stainles exhaust centre for a few bob more.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hi. I bought KN RR3003 air filter and silicon hoses + aluminium tube. Then I piped it into inner wing. Result - more response to trottle+some performance improve + great sound. Filter cost 85euros + piping 65e. I wouldn´t buy appollo kits from KN because of price/performance gains/look. I also resolved crank breathing to have oil free inlet. Few pics in my gallery

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. I bought KN RR3003 air filter and silicon hoses + aluminium tube. Then I piped it into inner wing. Result - more response to trottle+some performance improve + great sound. Filter cost 85euros + piping 65e. I wouldn´t buy appollo kits from KN because of price/performance gains/look. I also resolved crank breathing to have oil free inlet. Few pics in my gallery
Thanks for the helpful feedback!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had that kit in my ZS 180.

It made a big difference to the car. The biggest difference was the way the engine was at the higher rpms. It revved a lot cleaner and pulled harder past 5500rpm.

I also saw mpg gains of around 3-4mpg.

I'd recommend this kit. Just before I sold my ZS, I put the standard filter back on. It felt quite lethargic when "pressing on".

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had that kit in my ZS 180.

It made a big difference to the car. The biggest difference was the way the engine was at the higher rpms. It revved a lot cleaner and pulled harder past 5500rpm.

I also saw mpg gains of around 3-4mpg.

I'd recommend this kit. Just before I sold my ZS, I put the standard filter back on. It felt quite lethargic when "pressing on".
Interesting feedback - thanks

My last 3 fill-ups have worked out at an average of 25mpg

Interesting because the price of the kit is much less than the other ones (that admittedly appear to have a lot more positive feedback on forums).

I will need to mull this one over - price per benefit is a big consideration with the car bearing in mind it wasn't hugely expensive as an outright purchase in the first place.

·
Registered
64 Posts
when i first brought my 180 times were very tight getting used to the excessive trips to the pump, i couldnt justify the extra cost of the k&n kits or itg kits..... a quick trip to ebay and a "large cone filter" and a 80mm blue 90 degree bend pipe was ordered for a total of £14.99 for the filter and £19.99 for the pipe and the diffrence was AMAZING .... more responsive, pulled like a train all the way to 6k and the noise ... well id never heard anything like it! :)

managed to make 197.9 on the rollers coupled with a remap and stainless system aswell!

now ive got a itg with a cold air feed and to be honest id say in reality .... there really isnt much diffrence! ... less noise... a bit smoother at low revs that really would be about it in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
:coffee::getcoat:
when i first brought my 180 times were very tight getting used to the excessive trips to the pump, i couldnt justify the extra cost of the k&n kits or itg kits..... a quick trip to ebay and a "large cone filter" and a 80mm blue 90 degree bend pipe was ordered for a total of £14.99 for the filter and £19.99 for the pipe and the diffrence was AMAZING .... more responsive, pulled like a train all the way to 6k and the noise ... well id never heard anything like it! :)

managed to make 197.9 on the rollers coupled with a remap and stainless system aswell!

now ive got a itg with a cold air feed and to be honest id say in reality .... there really isnt much diffrence! ... less noise... a bit smoother at low revs that really would be about it in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts