25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, nice to meet you all.

I just ordered my ZR 160.

VERY EXCITED!!!!

Platinum silver.

5 door (got a 3 year old daughter).

Passenger airbag.

Kenwood single cd upgrade (yes I know that I could have put my own system in at a later date that was better - I will upgrade the speakers).

I was thinking abut yellow or blue, but resale thoughts got the better of me. I didn't know if I could shift a yellow very easily.

I probably won't be able to sell it very easily anyways, 'cos I live near Cov' and there's gonna be loads of 'em about.

It should be here by Wed/Thurs 13/14 March 2002

Cant wait!

I test drove a Civic Type R and nearly bought one but it was too mad and the waiting list was too long, AND the insurance was stupid. Plus that I got a discount on the ZR and free insurance so I went for it.

Don't think I'll be disappointed!

Matthew

:D

G

·
Matthew

Firstly, welcome aboard. Would appreciate some pics of the ZR for the main site before it gets too dirty. :D See Owners Motah's.

Sounds like an excellent choice - personally like Silver. Although ZR's look great in Trophy Yellow - saw 2 new ones on the M6 yesterday and they looked good. :D

I think the resale on an MG in Yellow will be better than a Rover in Yellow. Just like SEAT in Yellow is fine, but no VW!

PS. How long was the waiting list for the Type R & what was the insurance quote, if not too rude a question? How did the ZR compare to the Civic?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
matthew
wise decision on the colour.
i think those of us with t/blue will have a harder time selling privately in a couple of years.

G

·
kevin neal said:
wise decision on the colour.i think those of us with t/blue will have a harder time selling privately in a couple of years.
Matthew - welcome on board. :D

Kevin - I like your comment but be sure I won't be changing my Trophy Blue MGF Trophy. Stay cool with Trophy Blue - I'm sure we will be OK.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Nice choice of car, reading this thread reminded me of my youth - taking the front passenger seat out of a mini 1000 so that I could get my 1x15" reflex bin on the back seat, bass case on top and amp/leads in the boot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of your replies.

The Civic drove like a real mad machine, its got sooo much torque.

I think that it's probably a little too torquey. The sales manager that took me out drove like a complete c**t, going round a roundabout 5 times to show me how it held the road. He was going that fast my left cheek was stuck to the passebger side window. Bum cheek that is.

He told me not to use 1st gear when pulling off 'cos its just too powerful, se 2nd. He demonstrated how from a standing start you can pull of in 3rd and get to 90 without changing gear.

He got it up to 110 on a country road with loads of blindspots which was impressive but stupid, I could quite happily have chinned him.

It was a very hard ride. Very torquey and uncomfortable. When I drove it I wanted to test it on a run at about 70-80 as this would be a main part of its function. 80 in 6th proved to be a hard ride and the accelerator seemed very jumpy and skittish, not comfortable at all.

If you wants a VERY fast nickable car and you want to lose your licence in a week then take the Civic Type R, but it's not for me.

I think that the MG is a better buy all round, better gear ratios, smoother, AND better looks.

I'll let you all know the driving comparison when I've had it a while.

The main factor was the fact that I got discount on it. I had a relative that used to work for Rover so I got nearly 3 grand off of it.

So surely the .5 of a second 0-60 difference between the Civic and the ZR wasn't worth that much money?....

Lastly, even though some camps state that the interior of the ZR is a little dated, i personally like the seats, the dials and the position. my wife has a Rover 200 SDi and we love it, so it wasn't that much of a change.

OOoooooeerrr - did I compare it to a Rover, ITS AN MG!!!!

AND......I got a 5 dorr so I can fit the baby in, and also there's more than enough room to fit my 2 bass cabs and guitars in, when I drop the seats of course.

Lastly, is there an owners gallery here then?

Matthew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts