MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a ZR 105 for a test drive two days ago and ended up buying one on the spot - Solar Red, five door (due to new baby on it's way). My current car is a Saxo Furio and getting back into that after the ZED made it feel terrible.

Only downside is my delivery date -- 31 MAY!!!!

No way can I wait that long.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Firstly welcome to the board!

And secondly - it'll be worth the wait :D

I'm a 25 owner myself and wish I had've got a ZR (I missed the special insurance deal by a week!)

But the 25 is such a fun car to drive, as I'm sure you already know by driving the ZR!

Hope it all goes well for you.

Nat

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome to the ZR forum.......

It will be worth the wait, trust me, you will love the ZR and you are getting it in time for the SUMMER months.

Solar red? Not seen that colour, make sure you put some pictures on the forum........

So now its only 49 days to go now then!!!!!:D

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I have to agree about the colour.

Red is so distinctive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
just make sure you don't get ****** around by the rover salesman like I did. Get everything in writing.............

Then..........

When you get your car make sure that EVERYTHING is just how you want it. Make sure the panels line up, make sure there is NO RUST on the inside of the boot lid. Make sure that the suspension does not creak. Make sure that the rear lights work.

You have 3 YEARS warranty so make sure you have the car how you want it.

And, if, when you have a problem, the rover salesman says "If you wanted build quality and no after-sales problems you should have bought a ***, that is BEE-EMM-DUBBLE-YUWW", smack him in the ******.

Enjoy you car.

I had some problems with my dealer, as you have probably guessed, but the fun I have in the car more than compensates for it.

So glad I didn't buy the Civic Type-R

Matthew

PS Yes I am bitter. I spent a lot of my hard earnt on my car and I sometimes fel like the Rover salesman took the ****. Where's my gun?.............

·
Registered
214 Posts
mate i understand what ur saying completely! i foned my dealer today. twice. both times i was told the head salesman was 'unavailable' and would fone me back. did he fone? did he ****! as a result im still no closer to getting the air bag light turned off and so tomorrow hes gonna wish he'd answered the phone! in compleate contrast me mates dad owns a x-reg beemer which developed a rattle in the dashboard. he took it in and they couldnt do enough for him. in and out, problem sorted within half an hour!

G

·
Not Good Enough.

Dealers like the ones you describe are not "worthy" of our custom. Don't they know the words "Customer Care."

If it was me, I would write to Longbridge and complain, especially those quoting "***" stuff. B&W's are no better built than ours. In my recent drives, I have seen more broken down B*W's than any other brand! Truth! :mad:

·
Registered
214 Posts
been down to my dealer this afternoon, still no joy. at the end of the day though if they hav'nt got the part in stock no amount of moaning is gonna get it done!:mad:

·
Registered
214 Posts
all electric garage in cradley heath will soon no longer be there. thats unless they sort my ****** car out b4 tuesday. if not im going in with a crack team of SAS blokes and about 20kg of plastic explosive! *******! :mad:

·
Registered
253 Posts
lead-right-foot.... Like the thread... I too have had problems with servicing and sales depts since purchasing my ZR. Free insurance fell thru so I had to shout loudly at the salesman. Then the sunroof seal fcuked up so I had to shout even louder at servicing to get the thing fixed.

Keep shouting and they cave in eventually. Especially if you're bigger than them and threaten to tell every customer in their showroom what their service is like!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts