MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know the snow has been bad, most of the side roads are still blocked but....

I ordered some stuff off the internet and was expecting the deliveries to be late. I checked on royal mail parcel tracker and it said my property was inaccessible and that the parcel was at the depot awaiting collection or further information from me. I called at the depot this morning to find that the roads in the industrial estate were well used but like an ice rink. The road to where I live was only blocked for a few hours last Wednesday, the parcel got there on Thursday. So it seems that they can get the parcels in to the depot over icy roads but they can't be bothered to deliver them over clear roads.

If I didn't have internet, like some still don't, I wouldn't know that it was there as they haven't posted any cards through my door. I couldn't get the parcel this morning as it was closed at 1030, I got there at 1130. I am now going to have to take an hour out of work, which I won't get paid, to collect my parcel. Rubbish service IMO.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Relax mate, easier to drive an artic into a depot than a astra van around the side streets, I know, I've done both.

Can't they re-deliver?

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't live on a side street. Main road. What's up with trying to deliver what they can?

My parcel only went to the depot on Thursday, it hasn't snowed since Wednesday.

I know its because of the weather, however I still believe that they are copping out. They haven't delivered any normal mail for nearly a week. Once upon a time postmen/women walked from the depot.

I don't know if they can redeliver, I don't have a phone number, no card. The depot is not listed on the website so can't phone. I'll just have to wait and see.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Your local RM hasn't had a sort out have they. They have changed working practices here and moved sorting office. We used to get post by 9.30 (usually a lot earlier), very rarely up to about 11.30. Now the earliest we get is about 2pm. Parcel post is none existent - think they now save it up until they have a couple of parcels for you, bad news if you only get 2 parcels per year! Used to be that if I ordered something from Play.com early one day I'd get it the next day, now its lucky if I get it in the next month.
Be quicker if we went back to pigeons!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
If you have a tracking number you should be able to go on the website and arrange redelivery, either to home or to work.

Also many Royal Mail offices have a late night once a week so you can collect after work.

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If you have a tracking number you should be able to go on the website and arrange redelivery, either to home or to work.

Also many Royal Mail offices have a late night once a week so you can collect after work.
No late nights, 6am to 12:30 mon to fri 6 to 10:30 sat. I'm, working 6-2 all week.

I'll have a look at the tracking stuff, Nothing jumped out of the screen saying I could do it on line, but I will have a good look.

Right, done this now. They don't make it easy to do this do they! I haven't got a card so I've just made it up with the tracking info and my details. I'll see what happens now.

·
www.irishhillclimb.com
211 Posts
i dont understand your complaint
If you havnt got a card in through your door yet then it obviously hasnt been out for delivery yet, no?
It'll prob arrive in the morning

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My moan is that the online tracker says that my property was inaccessible on Thursday 2/12. It was accessible, they just didn't bother. And now they are awaiting further instruction from me when I never got a card to let me know it was at the depot.

If it hasn't gone out for delivery it doesn't say that it says something like "in DO awaiting delivery" or "out for delivery."

·
Registered
407 Posts
it is a bit cheeky for them to say not accessble , but you will probably find they cancelled all delivery drivers shifts and that was the only option they could put down in the system.

Be glad it is not initial (sh)city Link, they used to claim they delvered at X o'clock and that no-one was there, and when i rang with no no missed delivery note they would state that it had not been delivered....

The funniest was when they swore that they had tried twice in one day (on the way from and to the depot) and that people should not order things if they are not around to sign for them...... I work from home, i was in all day.

It got so bad that i started to email companies that used them and requested an alternate delivery method, as i was taking my business elsewhere if they kept with them. So far most seem to have ditched them finally, so i guess enough people complained about them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts