MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all those looking for an induction kit for their ZR/25 i can highly recomend this kit.

makes a very nice noise, sounds normal at normal revs but put your foot down and it really roars:) seem to feel quite a bit faster too but this may just be psychological.

·
Registered
12 Posts
zr160 that wants more power

Hi Oliver
I want one, whats the part number and where did you get it from??????????? and sorry great pix aswell

·
Registered
362 Posts
Air Flow??

Oliver,

Did you leave the original air ducting in place with the big box end??

I can't see from the pic as the cone is in the way...

If you didn't then where have you got the ducting from??? And where does it run in the engine bay??

Thanks, in advance, for sharing your wisdom...........

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you can see the pipe at the bottom of the pic that has the green round sticker on it, well this is the original cold air feed pipe which points right at the new filter.
It does point a little below the new filter so could do with an extension to it bending up but at the moment the air flow is pretty good.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
I've just fitted one of these PiperX kits to my ZR+120 too.

I've never before even been inclined to mod anything under the bonnet but was convinced this was be a synch. Also, I was given expert guidance. But it really is straight forward.

Word of warning: instructions that come with it are bollx, at least as far as ZR fitting is concerned.

Only problem I had was that the black bracket did not fit over the existing bolt securing the rear half of the air filter casing to the battery surround. Had to trim it down a bit. Other than that 10 mins max I guess.

No ducting required. Lower half of air filter casing remains as it was. PiperX just sits on top.

Mine might be a bit high. Will get some pics for next week and see what you think.

Oh and price is £69.99 but then there's VAT and £5 P&P. Comes to just short of £80 in total.

And on the website, it specifically fails to mention the ZR105. Don't know if this is a mistake or whether it doesn't actually fit the 105. You'd need to check that one if you fall into that category.

As for performance, again it maybe psychological but the first 3 or 4 standing starts having fitted it I wheel spun and I wasn't trying to!

Also, I reckon deep roar noticeable from about 2,500rpm onwards. More you floor it the bigger it gets. Took 2 mates out in my Zed last night. One was convinced I had problem with the exhaust (he's a sensible Corsa driver) and other reckoned it was well minted.

F

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Ollie. I left the lower half of the original filter casing in place just so that if there is a warranty "issue" having fitted the PiperX kit, then it's less hassle to replace with the original bits at the appropriate time.

I'll get some pics for Monday.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did think of leaving the bottom half of the original box in place but thought it looked neater with it out.

As for the warranty i got written note from my dealer that the fitment of the PiperX kit would not invalidate my warranty :)
They said that it would only be invalid if a problem as been directly caused by the filter which in their own words would be very unlikely.

as far as insurance goes........:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts