MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the legal position on using barbed or razor wire to protect your home? I heard a burgler can sue you if he rips his jacket or hurts himself trying to gain access to your property.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The UK is getting too much like America now that people can sue for allsorts.
You should be allowed barbed wire as it's used on allsorts of perimeter fencing from acraculture to industrial,
Wont look very nice though so at this time of year you could put tinsel round it..

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
You should be allowed barbed wire as it's used on allsorts of perimeter fencing from acraculture to industrial,
Wont look very nice though so at this time of year you could put tinsel round it..
Only if you display a warning notice clear for all to see then they can't sue you saying they didn't know. Were too *ucking soft, I say claymores and landmines FTW or have I been playing too much COD.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
if you wartn someone therespitfall traps, your fine youv warned them, guard dogs your fine, that the roofs weak, that theres razor wires. ect

·
Passionate about MGR.Cars.
4,082 Posts
What's the legal position on using barbed or razor wire to protect your home? I heard a burgler can sue you if he rips his jacket or hurts himself trying to gain access to your property.
Once he or she is hurt remove the evidence lol.

You even have to put a sign up if you put anti-vandal paint up.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
In the states there is the fear you can get shot for your pains ie burglars.My comment is bring it on.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's CCTV all around my block and they didn't even bother to cover their faces. I bet if I'd snapped them up close with my camera and handed it to the coppers they still wouldn't have caught them. So much for the surveillance society.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Yeah in the states if your tresspassing you can get shot :) Sounds good to me. Who wants to borrow my rifle?

·
back in my 3rd 180
222 Posts
no caring ye come into ma house,when i have 2 kids sleeping,on the theve ye aint making it back out,couldnt care what the police would have to say

·
Paul Wilshaw
40 Posts
I got semi told off by the boys in blue for nailing carpet gripper to the top of my garden fence panels. Once painted with Ronseal you couldn't see it.

Managed to hook a couple scum bags who were trying to get into my property.

Couldn't take the smile off my face from hearing the screams from those b**t**ds.

Too be honest even the police thought it was funny.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Try growing some of this stuff under the fence:

Having got a couple of thorns in my finger last week I can assure you that it is more effective than carpet gripper and perfectly legal!

Once the thorns are in your skin they break off and stay there! Mine has bigger and better thorns than the one in the picture but I cant find a picture of it that the swear filter will allow! The thorns will go through leather shoes. It is also edible.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Cool! Nature's own razor wire. Can I arrange them in pots for my balcony? :_D
They grow very well in pots, but do get tall and top heavy after a few years.

If you want them in pots then also consider these:

The spines aren't quite as deadly but there are plenty of them! They can grow into giants although they don't like it very cold in winter.

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
They grow very well in pots, but do get tall and top heavy after a few years.

If you want them in pots then also consider these:

The spines aren't quite as deadly but there are plenty of them! They can grow into giants although they don't like it very cold in winter.
Now firing some of those babies out of a drain pipe would certainly see the bar stewards off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts