MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this with a ticket and tax all for £200

head gasket went n think a valves bent but will sort it no problemo:)

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
You gonna make yourself a tidy profit?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure what im doing with it yet really, might keep it as a spare, or my girlfriends mum needs a new car, or fix all the niggles engine ect and id easy get a grand all day with a ticket on it, only £25 for a mot so not too bad really

·
MG ZS 180 MKI
3,364 Posts
Sounds tidy :D Defo make a profit on the ZR.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got an accent a year and a half ago for £40, got it road legal including buying the car for under 100, still running about, had to do the hg on it but no big deal, just had to have the money tonight was just good timing

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well stripped it today and its not dropped a valve but no1 cylinder was full of emulsified oil so recon it was just unable to turn over because of that, certainly no sign of any damage

heres this afternoons work

get it skimmed and pressure tested to see whats what

now some may have noticed it has the chrome 25 lights on it, well its been in a bump at some point so decided to strip front off to see whats what, its the original slam panel thats on it so must have been very low speed, the crash bar was missing so going to get one saturday then paint everything matt black under there

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cheers george, becoming more attached to it, bought a brm interior for it haha, think im keeping it now lol, just waiting for the uprated gasket cokming monay n its rebuild time

·
The Pope
3,408 Posts
cheers george, becoming more attached to it, bought a brm interior for it haha, think im keeping it now lol, just waiting for the uprated gasket cokming monay n its rebuild time
A RED interior in a YELLOW car?????:err:

·
Administrator
10,642 Posts
Not keen on the red interior or red cylinder head!!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no not written off but its had a low speed bump at the front because the crash bar was missing and had the wrong headlights,

the full brm interior came today and im chuffed to bits with it, wasnt completely sure how it would look but it looks brilliant, i think because the cars fairly dark inside and the seats are a wine colour they look brilliant:D

interior came with seats, steering wheel, red carpet, red leather handbrake, brm gearknob and the doorcards, look brilliant and good value at £113

tanya wasnt sure about the interior but she absolutely loves it now shes seen it and sat in it, so shes going to be getting it:)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just got a couple of pics, the seats arentactually fitted yet, and gotta clean the red carpet as well before i can fit it but if you didnt know what brm seats looked like

1 - 20 of 45 Posts