MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jerry
Pleased to see you are getting ZT and showing what outstanding taste you have by chosing T/blue as your colour:D
I saw a amazing site the other day-i was driving round some very sharpe "S" bends when coming the other way was a T/blue ZT .
This bloke was steering with one hand and using a electric razor with the other.he must have had supreme confidence in the handling or a complete nutter:D
BTW, when do you get it?

G

·
Next Friday.

Sorry Kev - colour wasn't my first choice - wanted Anthracite or Solar Red, was down to availability. Looks cool though - but wanted a little more of the discreet look.

Options:
Sunroof (didn't want) - no point with climate.
Seats - half leather - prefer Alcantara (Martin is looking at getting his YELLOW car re-upholstered in full leather), may do the same, if the price is right. Talking of circa £1000.
Looking at SATNAV/DVD - will feedback with result (base Kenwood with CD changer fitted). Need to check the Monogram catologue - anyone seen one?
AP 6-pots fitted to front (warranty on brakes will be wiped out), however it looks as though they won't be available to fit.
The sunblind option would also be nice - used it all the time on the 75.

Car awaiting PDi.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Not sure that the BIG SPOILER looks right with the 5 door.

What the photo doesn't show is that the car is full of camping gear (seats folded) - had been out for the night with Scouts.

G

·
John - don't think I've seen a 5-door with the big spoiler (put your 2 new shots on site). Are you both finding the paint durable. The Solar does look good when new! :D

G

·
Kev

260 - good choice - be interesting to see what the final spec is - it maybe sensible to buy this and mod up the spec. However, the 385 spec IS very exotic in specification and thus maybe better value if you want more bhp than the 260 - in that a total modification package on a 260 could get stupid. :)

John

I'm pleased about the paintwork durability.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
...No matter what the colour, you will have a great, head-turning touring/sports combo to roll up and down to MAN with, it'll kick those 160 odd miles in the head with ease. And the M6 will have a fair few ***'s with whom to show who's boss. If my drives of ZT's are anything to go by, you'll love it. Well done! BTW, who had the EVO?

G

·
Dave

EVO, is still at home. Warrenders said they will take it - if they don't then I'll trade it against the ZT385.

SHOULD be gone by Thursday though, damn awesome machine for track days - 385 should be better, if the suspension is sorted. Don't feel like tracking the 190, however. In an ideal world and a lottery win, I would love to keep it, so why sell?. :D 150 mile range - which means I can't get to work without stopping (most cars you can do the round trip of 300 miles without stopping. Only uses SUL at around 18mpg. 4,500 mile services - tyres every 8,000 miles if you use your right foot (car is a track car only).

But as I'm a patriotic idiot, even though I know the *** M3 is one of the best cars in the world, I'll buy the Brit bruiser with a Yank FORD engine.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you think the 260 will hold its money-most V8's drop like stones. Looking at autocar the other day i noticed they predict the ZS180 will be worth 29% after 3 years,have i read it right?

G

·
Agree with Dave the 29% figure is most probably wrong but if not - ouch!

Can I change the ZT to a ZS180 though in Hot Wheel/XPower Logos - its does look good?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jerry,

You're not a patriotic idiot. Nowt wrong with being moral and going with your guts ;)

Also, the sunroof will be great.

I actually really miss having both.

Most of the time, you have the screen back, which lets lots of light into the car. Therefore on a boiling hot day, in traffic, you feel part of the beautiful weather, but are sitting cool with the AC. Without the roof, you feel nice and cool but somewhat detached from the outside.

Also, nice in the evenings to cruise along with the roof open and the AC off!!

Matt.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts