MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rite ppl after spliting from the x i decided that i was gunna look out for a coupe turbo as a weekend toy to cheer myself up and ive hit the jackpot pick up this sat coming a
(N) reg rover coupe turbo jap import
full service history 71k on clocks all all mot / repiepts
uprated head gasket fitted
gear box has the lsd with steel cage bearing fitted
full s/s exhaust / forge dump valve
k&N pannel filter boost gauage runing 12psi
full cream leather
body work has no rust scraches or dings
10month mot 5 month tax
drilled / grooved disc all round
3 owner from new all from the same family
in charcoal metalic grey
standard alloys with no marks
toad cat 1 alarm
it in A1+ condition
so ive now got the biggest smile back on my face ever
so heres a big :thankyou: to the x for cheating on me as this wouldnt have be possible if we hadnt split up
YES got to new motor today well pleased with it the engine bay needs a good clean as well as the cream leather but body work is lovely and it drives a1 check the pic's

i filled it up as i left and and refilled it wen i got back to coventry 190miles later and used 20.31 litre of fuel which works out at 42mpg which is not to bad that was at 70 to 80 mph most of the way now im gunna spend the next 6month cleanin every where to a top standard to make the car A1+ the service history is massive and reciept it fill a large folder was defo worth the 2k i paid for it the old owner rang me when i got home to say if i ever sell it he will give the the 2k back for it as long as i keep it in the same condition to befair i think ive just committed grand theft auto LOL

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hehe nice one m8
I bought myself a couple of new bikes when my ex did the same to me!

Gutted at the time but turns out it was the best thing that had happened to me for a good few yrs lol!!

All the best

·
Mk1 ZS180 Saloon XPG
341 Posts
The anorak in me has noticed a few discrepanices.

The rear panel is Jap spec but the Rover badge is in the wrong place. Jap cars had the 'Rover' badge when UK cars didn't but it was always on the nearside of the boot lid just above the lights.

There are no wheel arch extensions which were standard on Jap spec cars.

Does it have Japanese stickers under the bonnet and a holder for a fire extinguisher in the passenger footwell?

I understood all of the reimported 220 Turbos were on sequential N plates ending which 'FDH', unless this car was reimported privately.

The third brake light was standard on Jap cars and optional on UK (although rarely fitted) so I wonder if this is a UK car made to look like a Jap one. The rear panels and brake lights were sold off by XPart a few years ago and loads suddenly flooded the market when people had thought for ages that they were NLA.

If it's had three owners 'from new', is that from 1995 or from the date it came back to UK.

A good find nonetheless, altough £2k is at the very top of the value range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts