MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jerry & I just noticed the new Jag advert. £20k for a Jaguar. Do we feel this is competition for our great R75/ZT. :D I think not. :) But do we think the punter will go for a Rover in lieu of a Jaguar?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Sadly for Halewood, this car is in serious trouble. In many roadtests, it's Mondeo underpinnings are only too apparent, and has been getting a reputation as a cynical exersise. The 75 easily outsells it, and will continue to do so. All this has demonstrated that F*** clearly do not have a clue about the big cats pedigree, or they would not have even thought about a presence in the segment - all it has done is cheapen the brand.
God help Land Rover!:mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is rather cynical Mondeo makeover. Now especially as it IS a Mondeo - 2.0 lite - FWD - Mondeo platfrom. WHY Oh WHY!

I have to say I'm disappointed in F***, as DH says all it has done is cheapened the great Jaguar brand. :(

I have to agree it is no match for the 75 platform. However, maybe a 3-series for the "BRAND" customer!

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Dave

Pre November 1989 I loved Jaguar, I have never liked F***. I agree totally with everything you said.
Why is it that Fiat, who own Ferrari, realise that only Ferrari knows how to make a Ferrari? Proton know that only Lotus can make a Lotus, so why is it that only F*** thinks it's the only one who knows how to make an Aston Martin or Jaguar?
oops must correct foul language

1 - 5 of 5 Posts