MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tax has now expired so putting the zed away for winter yet again. Enjoyed her to bits the last few weeks though.Performed really well in the dense damp air we've been having.

I had put £95 worth of unleaded in her which equates to 15.76 gallons of juice. I have done two runs of about 70miles each and have been less heavy on the go faster pedal and got 400 miles out of her which equates to 25.38 mpg. So not too good really.

Anyway, I shall be in the Note 1.5 dci for next few months or so getting between 54 & 70 mpg.

Only plans for the zed are to get the wheels refurbed during her time off the road.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
You can keep it insured, what you can't do is have a taxed car that isn't insured.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As its worthless its on the traders policy at the moment. Will sorn her next week.

·
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180
265 Posts
Our Zed is Sorned and garaged at the mo. We've changed the insurance to accidental damage, fire & theft and it's dropped from £466 to £100. We'll change it back when she's retaxed for the summer.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I will save six months tax. A hefty petrol bill and also help to keep her mileage down. She's on 50,500 at the mo and did about 3k between mot's last year.

I tucked her up and covered her over and cut battery supply off on Friday morning. Will go and start her up once a month now and get her back out for 1st june if I can wait that long that is??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts