MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you will see from another thread within this forum, the MG Lola should have been at Rockingham this weekend. I went on the Saturday and there was not one sign of the car, any trailers or team personnel!

One rumour I was told was that the car was at the NEC for the British Sportscar Show.

Did anybody go on the Saturday? If so, was it there?

Likewise, if anybody is planning to go on the Sunday, would you please take the time to take a few photos for the site. I'm sure XPower Admin would be most pleased...

As you might have seen from another thread, there has been much speculation regarding the Chassis Nºs of the individual MG Lola EX257s. Therefore, any reference to what the Entry Nº and Chassis Nº of the car at the NEC is (if there is one present!) would be most helpful.

I would like to emphasise, that I heard this rumour from someone else. I cannot guarantee how accurate it is, and take no responsibility whatsoever for your admission / petrol expenses for the day, or any mental trauma you might have experienced should the car not be at the NEC!

Yours extremely!,

David

G

·
David,

You want to know about the EX257, I want to know about the XT385? Are they at the NEC?

Think I'll go to the local function and mix it with the other MG types. May also hold a vigil outside Prodrive next week and have a go at getting some "exclusive" pictures.

Did you get my PM mesaage? Ref pictures.

Jerry

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got told last week by someone in the MGR press office that all that was going to the NEC was the MG F XPower 500 and an MG ZR rally car - both of which would be on the MGOC stand as MGR weren't having anything as prominent as last years show when they announced all of the programmes.

One chap who was serving in the XPower merchandise tent at Rockingham today said that he didn't know whether the EX257 was at the NEC, but he did say something about a red/white single seater thing that was making the journey - what? Haven't got a clue what he could be referring to. Unless he had overdosed on some of those XPower breath-freshening mints you could get last year!

I recall seeing the MG ZT XPower 385 (I think?) at the Classic Car Show at the NEC in November - likewise on either the MGCC or MGOC stand.

Yes, I did get your PM message. Happy to help if I can. I'll probably forward a selection to you early next week if that's OK?

David

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
<Unless he had overdosed on some of those XPower breath-freshening mints you could get last year! >
David
Ive got a lifetimes supply of those mints:D

and a years supply of hamlet minitures from oulton park.

kev

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hamlet miniatures?

Kev,

What are you on about? Maybe you've also had to many XPower mints!

Where did the Hamlet miniatures come from then?

David

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
According to the www.mg-rover.org website, the following vehicles were at the British Sportscar Show at the NEC :

a) MG ZR Rally Car as used by Tony Jardine on the recent Rally of Wales;

b) 1.5 millionth MG built, a gold MG TF one-off Golden Jubilee show car;

c) MGF Super-Sports styling exercise from a 3 or 4 years ago (that explains what the chap meant by red n white single seater thing in an earlier post I made in this thread!).

d) Assorted other MGs, including what looks like one of the MG ZR XPower racing cars.

Sorry Jerry, by the looks of things NO XPower 385, or EX257 for that matter!

DAVID

G

·
Nothing new then David?

Fancy wheeling the Supersports MGF out! Glad I didn't go to see the phantom 385. Ooooeeerr, see you have mentioned the org site. :( OK picture though. :D

The pictures gone?????

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Jerry, took the photo off as I thought it didn't really belong within a thread entitled 'Is EX257 at the Sportscar Show @ NEC?'.

Now if it was a picture of an EX257 at the NEC, then that would be different!

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts