MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm going to pick up my MG ZS 180 MK I (4dr) on Tuesday - I must say, I cannot stand the seats, so I intend on changing them for simple black half leather ones.

The seats that are in the car have yellow inserts - they do look truely shocking but are in mint condition. I have had a look on eBay for a normal black interior but couldn't come across one. Are they quite rare do you know?

I've also heard that the inserts can be changed for different colours, but not sure if this is possible??? EMS, which are down the road from me, have some yellow and red ones listed on eBay at the moment, but not black ones, so not sure if black ones are actually available?!? Ideally I would like the full leather!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Hi Eldo

Nice choice of car, especially a yellow mk1 saloon ;)

I wouldn't rush to change the seats, being the standard issue for the 180 all the yellow ones have yellow inserts.

You can get replacment covers in all sorts of colours and materials from Rimmers but they cost.

Personally I'd like to find some smokestone alcantara front seats for mine but that's another story.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info! No the car isn't yellow! Which is why I believe it's a bit odd putting yellow inserts into a car that is grey!?

Does anyone know if the MK2 interior is a straight swap into a MK1???

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Thanks for the info! No the car isn't yellow! Which is why I believe it's a bit odd putting yellow inserts into a car that is grey!?

Does anyone know if the MK2 interior is a straight swap into a MK1???
seats are the same so yes.

full leather is like rocking horse poo, you could see if EMS has any leather/alcantera sets left

1 - 5 of 5 Posts