MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to work tonight I noticed a Cupra R came flying up behind me approaching a roundabout. So I decided to move across and see if I could have a play.
Came off the roundabout on full throttle in second (no problem for the ZS) and he was marginally ahead until I changed into 4th and pulled past and then increased the gap.:driving: Now I don't know if he eased off at all, it certainly didn't seem like it but I know that they are good for 150mph, and quicker to 60 than the 180 but only in a straight line that is!
Still chuffed to bits tho :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah don't worry about it, just have to get started on saving for that decat, exhaust & ITG :) and maybe a remap. See how the funds pan out!

·
Registered
197 Posts
A mate of mine had a Cupra chipped to somewhere around 260 bhp. He was following me up the M5 one day and told me afterwards how I kept pulling away from him when overtaking. That's turbo lag for you!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
They're probably quite heavy as well, a lot of the modern hatches are making good power just to lug around the excess lard lol

·
Economy motoring
2,301 Posts
Jerry ZS180* has one and he said his was quite a bit quicker than his old ZS. He did say the ZS was more fun to drive though.

·
hyphoooooooo
166 Posts
I'm actually moving onto one of these soon. Except I'm aiming to be more than standard power and handling wise :D

I love the way they drive tbh but I am used to heavy Mercs most the time :D
And I'm wanting something with better tuning abilities than a K-Series or KV6.

Just checked there was a 210bhp one & a 225bhp one between 02-05, I don't know why they bothered having 2 different ones that were so closely matched??
They originally made it 210bhp so it didn't complete with the Audi A3 with the 225bhp engine. Only a year later they put the 225 in the Seat LCR as Audi came out with the new A3 and the 2.0L TFSI engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts