MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I claim for damage to my car and the insurers decide that it is a write off (as they seem to do for every little scratch with these cars) would I then have the option of withdrawing my claim or does the car automatically get listed as written off on the insurance database?

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
if it does then just offer to buy it back, then you will only pay about £400 for it, i think you can have the option to stop the claim

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
If it does get a cat against it it should be a D. I would take photos of damage and copies of all correspondence for any future sales. Hell, they're worth pennies anyway.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thnx for info. My excess is 500 quid anyway. Might get a quote for paintless dent removal first and see where to go from there. The damage isn't huge and not that noticeable. Problem is it's on the roof. Vandals must've jumped on it.

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Thnx for info. My excess is 500 quid anyway. Might get a quote for paintless dent removal first and see where to go from there. The damage isn't huge and not that noticeable. Problem is it's on the roof. Vandals must've jumped on it.
The sods! Hope you get it fixed without too much trouble or expence, I really hate mindless damage to others pride and joys.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
We had this a few years back, Diamond insurance said they would collect the missus car and then tell her what it was worth, she said no way as she was using it daily and all it had was a dent in the door (even though the body shop said it was uneconmical to repair) they voided her insurance to stop her driving it until she MoT'd it, had to get it to the MoT place on trade pates as insurance was suspended, it passed but they had already filled the paper work out so its now Cat D even though she has never made a claim against it, ****ers.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We had this a few years back, Diamond insurance said they would collect the missus car and then tell her what it was worth, she said no way as she was using it daily and all it had was a dent in the door (even though the body shop said it was uneconmical to repair) they voided her insurance to stop her driving it until she MoT'd it, had to get it to the MoT place on trade pates as insurance was suspended, it passed but they had already filled the paper work out so its now Cat D even though she has never made a claim against it, ****ers.
Thanks for sharing that. It's exactly what I feared.

·
Registered
4 Posts
+1 here too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts