MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... I have a light on on my dash. It looks like a light with a letter i in the middle all in colour yellow, any ideas as I didn't get a handbook when purchasing my car..

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure. But do know oil n coolant is full as 2 days ago had a new engine fitted as pistons. Hean and injector went on old engine

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers paul. I do have a problem with the car. I have replaced the injectors today as found out one of them was just gushing the petrol through so that problem fixed but I do also have another problem to Solve which is the revs run high n bounce up and down which I've been told is the Throttle body Sensor which I am to acquire one tomorrow for 10 pound from rovaparts in redditch. I did have the light dissappear after fitting the injectors but after takin car for a test drive to KFC lol it has returned. Shall update post after fitting throttle body. Might get intouch with timmR if he''s available to pop afterwards.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
This sounds serious. The letter "I" can only indicate one thing. Your car's computer has become SELF AWARE!

sorry! Posting trash cause I can't sleep. :dead:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have replaced the throttle body with the swnsor and car revs are fine. I still have the light on. At least one thing sorted.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to timmR has just confirmed dashlight is just a bulb out lol. Number plate light lol. What a pain lol. Gotta change it to get rid of a nuisance light in ffront of my eyes whilst driving lol

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
If it helped find the faulty injector, might be a blessing in disguise.

Cant do the bore etc much good having petrol washing around.

Glad its sorted after all the work thats gone into it.

:wave:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lovely motor pete. As u mightve seen my old yellow zs180. .. A cherished motor. I had a new engine put in to replace old which was knackered but had to use old ancillories n was told injectors n pistons knackered so was due to change injectors but the zt brings more luxury n gadgets which I'm not used to lol. Amazing what a damaged light bulb can bring to a wondering worry lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts