MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am proud owner of a ZS 180 mk2. My brother just found a ZT260 that he would like to buy. So I´ve got some questions, before going to see the car. ( 1200km away from us).
Q1- Have this cars any mayor problems? (Somethink like r75 with cracing suspension springs? I heard somethink with engine problems)
Q2- What is the fuel consuption in NA stage?
Q3-Is the suspension hard/mild?
Q4-What about superchareger? is it worth/ reliable? What costs can one think of when going supercharging it? And how does fuel consumtion change?
Q5- What about spare parts? Is it hard to find them? what about prices normal/high?

Thanks for replyes. We would like to own another mg in our family.

·
Its a V8 user thing...
2,122 Posts
q1- If you go here http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=44708 you can view the items picked up on the car's little foibles :)

q2- If you have a problem with paying for fuel don't buy the car.

q3 - Hard would be unfair, firm would be the word but it sticks to the road and handles really well.

q4 - Yep, transforms the car into something I'm never going to sell on. With around 400bhp you have the choice of either the Roush or Kenne Bell. Do make sure it is installed by someone with good knowledge of the 260. Seen some cars fall apart because the mapping was pants. Fuel consumption did not change that much, if at all. I have a Kenne Bell installed by Dreadnaught

q5 - Spares are okay. If we can't find them we make the bits ourselves. We (Two-Sixties) also have been developing better bits of car to assist with keeping the V8's on the road.

Having a Ford Mustang engine the parts for these are in good supply.

Prices can be high, traders think stick a V8 in the title and whack the price up. But if you come to the club first you will see we can find things at good prices and also keep items like rear disc brakes in the shop at £200 less than the 'outside world', because we were able to grab the majority of the stock in one hit.

No regrets, DO IT!

Hi all. I am proud owner of a ZS 180 mk2. My brother just found a ZT260 that he would like to buy. So I´ve got some questions, before going to see the car. ( 1200km away from us).
Q1- Have this cars any mayor problems? (Somethink like r75 with cracing suspension springs? I heard somethink with engine problems)
Q2- What is the fuel consuption in NA stage?
Q3-Is the suspension hard/mild?
Q4-What about superchareger? is it worth/ reliable? What costs can one think of when going supercharging it? And how does fuel consumtion change?
Q5- What about spare parts? Is it hard to find them? what about prices normal/high?

Thanks for replyes. We would like to own another mg in our family.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply. Fuel consuption is taken into consideration , because it will be daily ride. I can handle for normal driving average 12L.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Off topic...Slovakia, wonderful country.

5 of us in V8 ZT/ZTT's drove through there enroute to Croatia last September.

I will go back!

Back to topic - check out http://www.two-sixties.com/

:cool:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes Slovakia is really nice country, but I think you mean Slovenia(next to Croatia). Yes I check a ZT260 forum, but one more info how much is it for that charger?? estimates would be enough.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
how much does the supercharger cost in total for labour aswell ? 400bhp thats awsome!
The cost depends on the $ to £ exchange rate, but last time I heard a price quoted it was around £8K.

Its also worth noting that Dreadnought only offer a guarantee on the parts they fit. So its worth considering a bottom end refresh or fitting a forged short block at the same time if the engine has a few miles on it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
yes Slovakia is really nice country, but I think you mean Slovenia(next to Croatia). Yes I check a ZT260 forum, but one more info how much is it for that charger?? estimates would be enough.
I meant Slovakia - we went through it on the way and stayed up in the Tatra Mountains - very nice :cool:

Slovakia was just one of the 16 countries we travelled through!!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes you are right ... Tatras are ours. Nice trip 16 countries. Next time leave a message when you travel near.

·
Its a V8 user thing...
2,122 Posts
As Steve says about £8k but you do get the complete package and a better chance of reliability. Difficult to explain how much the car is improved, all I can say is, its like a drug. I can't get enough and just love the whellie factor.

how much does the supercharger cost in total for labour aswell ? 400bhp thats awsome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts