MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out more about the Mark 2 ZS I purchased just over a week ago.

Apparently it used to belong to the brothers Sean Kelly and JP Kelly.

It has the vvc inlet, 52mm throttle body, i'm not sure if any head work has been done?

Wondering if these guys did the work to the engine, she hasn't been looked after in the last year or so, but I am bringing her back to full glory again, this is a nice little project for me.

I am missing the torque of the 180, but looking forward to cheaper running costs.

I'll post up some pic's when I get the chance. :yup:

·
Ahhh. It's good to be back.....
1,454 Posts
I know I have a wing mirror cover in Xpower green from one of them two they sent me for free!

Does that help?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I have a wing mirror cover in Xpower green from one of them two they sent me for free!

Does that help?
Yes, I wanted to get in contact with the 2 brothers to find out more about the car, and if they had the head work done, i'll pm them, but I don't think they have been on the forum for sometime. :)

Is it a red 1.6? If so I remember the car!
Yes, it is red, and I found a post on themgzs.co.uk forum, it used to have white wheels.

It needs some cosmetic work to get her back to good condition again. :)

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone on the forum know JP Kelly or his brother Sean Kelly, they don't seem to come on the forum much anymore, I would like to contact them to find out what they did to the car I now have which they both used to own?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :yup:

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
I know Sean quite well, (only lives about 20mins from me) not seen him for awhile now though, he had his blue mk1/mk2 conversion written off and then bought JP's car, which as Parsec says was a 1600, not sure on what work was carried out on the engine, I think George/Charger did some of the work. I never saw it while Sean had it, the last time I saw it was at MGLive 2009 (I think), but the interior was incomplete, but that was finished off before Sean got it.

I may have a telephone number for Sean, I will check when I get home.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know Sean quite well, (only lives about 20mins from me) not seen him for awhile now though, he had his blue mk1/mk2 conversion written off and then bought JP's car, which as Parsec says was a 1600, not sure on what work was carried out on the engine, I think George/Charger did some of the work. I never saw it while Sean had it, the last time I saw it was at MGLive 2009 (I think), but the interior was incomplete, but that was finished off before Sean got it.

I may have a telephone number for Sean, I will check when I get home.
Thanks CJ, I spoke to Sean this afternoon about the car. He sold it too the young lad who I bought it off about 15 months ago. But the young lad hasn't looked after it!

I will bring her back to full glory, and she will be in mint condition. It's a nice project but for when the weather gets a little warmer...... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts