MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Administrator
10,557 Posts
Hahaha very good Pete! Gradually increasing your alcohol intake now then? :beerchug

· Registered
1,350 Posts
pete247 said:
As I have said the speedo is inacurate so probably no where near 175 in real speed. However the "FY" has longer gearing than the sport so is capable of going faster at the expense of acceleration. Don't know bout the "FX".

I realise peeps do tend to exagerate top speeds at times but "Safeguard" (any matelot will know what that means) 175mph WAS indicated and the world each side of me looked like warp speed in Star-Trec!

FX and FY are identical all barring a slightly differnet paint job. Bet selling CBR600's to date !!

I have seen 152 on my clock, but i'm a little larger than you, so i guess thats why i wont go any further.

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well just over 100 miles old now. The engine has the first stage of run-in complete so I can now get upto 80mph @ 5000rpm, Another 900ish miles and I'll be on 10,000rpm. Does this mean it'll do 160mph? dddc

Whatever, I'm well impressed, it looks georgous goes like stink (well, will do) and it seems to have top-bananna build quality to match. If only MG could have learnt from Triumph maybe things would have been different now? :cry:

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Not only the new model but the bonkers model too. Was supposed to go meet Rob an all tonight but got too pis*ed. Hopefully see them Friday tho. Bike is now up to 95mph and is wicked. Will bite If I dont respect. Wicked.

· Everything to the Extreme
634 Posts
Mad mad bike... How are you out though ??? The weather is crap !!! The Gixxer is still wrapped up in a blanket on the paddock stands...

Oh and the speedo on the Gixxer 6 stops at 165... How Bizzare... The bike is still going, the speedo hits a brick wall... My eyeballs bounce at that speed, its just snapshots of the future rushing towards me...

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Jixaman said:
Mad mad bike... How are you out though ??? The weather is crap !!! The Gixxer is still wrapped up in a blanket on the paddock stands...
I used to ride all year round before I got a car, so a bit of rain or snow is not a bother!

I'll generally ride on sunny days but if I get the urge I dont care what the weatherman says.

Anyway when the roads are slippy you can have scary fun at low speeds, snaking the tail up the road and sliding round roundabouts!

· Inspector Gadget
1,664 Posts
Hey Pete nice bike :)
My brother has just left me a Yam R1 with only 417 miles on the clock, I'm still trying to stuff my increased frame into my old leathers and take her out for a run weather up here is a tad crap but hoping for it to improve for easter.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.